• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Weeks Solution

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Last edited:
over the years i have built 6 solutions, two were kits that Miles Reed had and the others were from plans, the pitts is way to short and the wing is to short, the fuse is much narrow, i will agree toooo much bashing.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Robert,

I have talked to a gentleman in Ohio who was good friends with Miles Reed who actually sold the plans and cut kits for most, if not all of Miles' planes at one time. The problem is that the email address on his catalog is no longer valid and I have learned that the gentleman is no longer offering the plans or cutting kits. I will keep looking though.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
@a.b. gentry jr,

When was the last time you talked with David? His name and number were on the catalog I had, I'm almost certain of it. However, like I posted above, I was under the impression that he was no longer selling the plans or kits. If I don't have to work too late tomorrow evening, I will give him a call.

I also just checked, and Larry Katona at Precision Cut Kits has the 77" Solution X in his catalog so that may be another option, albeit a little bit pricey.

I appreciate your help,
David

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
A.B.,

I remember reading about the Fly-In that is held in memory of Miles Reed from years ago. It is a great way to remember a man who made some incredible kits. . . . . :yesss:.

Do you, by chance have a working email address for Dave Dessecker?

Thanks

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
@HRRC Flyer, dude! I just did a google search and found many things, one being you from several years back on an RCU Weeks thread. The other was a posted email I believe to be for David posted last year. I sent an inquiry and it has not bounced back as undeliverable, usually only take s a minute for that to happen, it's been 15. If he responds and it is positive I will pass it on to you. Fingers crossed.