• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Weeks Solution

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
A.B, You don't know how much I appreciate your help. . . . . . . :yesss:

As funny as this may sound, I just realized you are in Rocky Mount. That's not too far from me at all. Carrollton is between Smithfield and Suffolk in Isle Of Wight County. If you're ever up my way I'd invite you to visit our flying field and maybe do some flying. My email address is hrrcflyer@hotmail.com Drop me a line the next time you come up this way.

David

Hello @Paco Ritter,
I thought the pictures of your Solution looked familiar. Then I looked at your name. . . . . . . :laughing:. Welcome to GSN. There are allot of AWESOME members on this site who are more than willing to help someone out. This is a much more "user friendly" site than RCU which is where I first saw your plane and made a few posts in the thread.

Hello @a.b. gentry jr ,

Welcome to GSN to you too. I have seen your BIG solution before as well and it looks AWESOME. . . . . :big_yes:. All of these pictures of the Weeks makes me want one even more. I would LOVE to get my hands on an X or XX kit. . . .:yesss:.

Take care Fella's,
David

David, If you have the opportunity to get a Weeks Solution X, I don't think you will regret the move. Pitts, Christen Eagles, PJ295 and the Ultimate bipes have always been my favorites and each had their own quirks, some good, some not!!! I think the Weeks Solution gives you the best of all these bipes but is a better flier, easier to land, and just all around better plane. Like I stated, not so sure I wouldn't consider moving up to the 92" version. (elected to scale back to the 77"version I have now due to the time it took to assemble my 92" round nose Pitts...I just got tired of dealing with it) The Miles Reed kit version of this plane is so much easier to assemble and disassemble, there is just no comparison to my bigger Pitts. I do not regret replacing it with the smaller bi-wing.

by the way, I have Dave's contact info and I got a set of plans of the Solution X from him less than 6 months ago. If you need it, I can supply it when I get home. If you need the plans I would be willing to part with them as all I got them for was the correct location of the CG. One look is all I needed!!!! I think they have a material list and a construction article with them, but I'd have to open them up again and look to make sure what all is included. A short kit would be the way to go, not much chance of finding a kit anymore. Fiberglass Specialties still offers the cowl, canopy and wheel pants for the 33% version, which is what the 77" bird is. I purchased all of these items from them for my rebuild but used the cowl that originally came with my bird, however, I cut the new cowl for my engine then didn't use it!!!!

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hello @Paco Ritter,

I spoke to Dave a couple of weeks ago and I think I am going to get a "builders kit" from him which includes the plans, interplane struts, canopy, landing gear and a few other things. My Buddy whose Weeks I posted pictures of on this thread and on RCU said he has a fiberglass cowl and an extra set of wheel pants he said I could have. I may also contact Larry Katona at PCK for his short kit, but I am not in too much of a hurry. I still have my 50cc AMR Stick to build, a 1/3 scale Lanier Laser to get back in the air and I have a 50cc Carden Extra 300 to get built before I think seriously about a Solution X.

Thank you for your offer. . . . . :big_yes:
David