• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Tower Pro 70cc 4-stroke

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
So what kind of numbers did you see? I've been watching the thread lots of people talking no one buying lol

I did not do any testing for numbers because with a big four-stroke you simply won't see the same numbers as you would expect with a 2-stroke and I did my first runs with a four blade prop. I do know that it idled nicely like any 4-stroke at about 1100-1200. I did see low to mid 5000 range which was impressive with no tuning done at all (I could tell it was rich). I won't post any info on FG about it because no matter what it will be blasted and I don't really care honestly. It is also quite heavy, no way at all I would use this in an aerobatic plane because the spool-up will be slower and top end will be lower. Looks to be perfect for a warbird though:yesss:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I was thinking of a decathlon lol. It will hover and sound good lol.

There you go, that may be cool:yesss:. When I get the P-47 on it's feet and get to run it and tune it I'll bolt on something like a 24x10 and see what it turns. I would guess with the torque factor it would turn something like a 25" prop easily.

Go4it

30cc
There you go, that may be cool:yesss:. When I get the P-47 on it's feet and get to run it and tune it I'll bolt on something like a 24x10 and see what it turns. I would guess with the torque factor it would turn something like a 25" prop easily.

Did the TP70 ever get tested. I was thinking about using it in a Warplane.
Still, Can't get my head around the company making a video for this motor, using a 3D plane

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I don't plan to do any type of full out "test" I just plan to fly it as I want. The P47 I have will fly in Spring. When I ran the engine on a stand it ran well. Just make sure you get the muffler, without a muffler it sounds like a crappy china scooter with no muffler. With a muffler which is actually a small canister it sounds nice.

Go4it

30cc
I don't plan to do any type of full out "test" I just plan to fly it as I want. The P47 I have will fly in Spring. When I ran the engine on a stand it ran well. Just make sure you get the muffler, without a muffler it sounds like a crappy china scooter with no muffler. With a muffler which is actually a small canister it sounds nice.[/QUOTE

Where do you get the muffler

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
They sent it to me, I got the first one in the states so I ordered by E-mail. They said mufflers would be separate so I'd check the website.

Go4it

30cc
I read their manual and it says the warranty is only good for 30 hours of run time . Too funny, do they send a Hobbs hour meter with the motor?
I was already to purchase one, but I can not find any info on any forum where guys have good or bad luck with these motors. I was going to install it in a Warbird. I really can't get my head around using this motor in a 3D plane like shown on youtube.