• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Tower Pro 70cc 4-stroke

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
OK, so I'm cleaning my shop and I found this can with some old clear activator. I cleaned it up and it's a really handy size. It's basically like your average paint or rattle can. So, the question is, can this be welded on? I know my header pipe would be stainless with the engine, this can is mystery metal, could they be brazed or silver soldered?

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 573
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 597
  • image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 574
Last edited:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
OK, so I'm cleaning my shop and I found this can with some old clear activator. I cleaned it up and it's a really handy size. It's basically like your average paint or rattle can. So, the question is, can this be welded on? I know my header pipe would be stainless with the engine, this can is mystery metal, could they be brazed or silver soldered?
Cool idea Terry. Can't wait to see where this goes!

Tseres

150cc
Terry. Dissimilar metals can usually be welded with stainless welding rod. Brazing will only work if you're brazing two flat pieces together on top of one another like gluing two pieces of wood together. You cannot edge weld with brazing rod. DA sells some brazing rod that you use with the header pipes. Good stuff has the flux coating that you need already on the rod.

Wish I lived closer. We could probably come up with something.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Yea I have a small oxy mapp gas setup and I played with brazing for a few minutes on an other can lid. Flows out super flat so as you say it's a no-go for what I would need. Thanks for confirming it was not my lack luster welding skills!!!

I guess this will be a great excuse to learn something new.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Terry; It looks like your can is steel and you header might be SS, but they can be welded together.

Yea, I was doing some research and paul and I were chatting and he said no problem. I got word from the mfg. that there was supposed to be an actual "muffler" in the box and they missed it. However I have to wait until after the China new years holiday to get it shipped. Just means I have a month or more to get the rest of the plane assembled.

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
So what kind of numbers did you see? I've been watching the thread lots of people talking no one buying lol