• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Tower Pro 70cc 4-stroke

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Well, I saw a thread some time ago on "the site that shall not be named" on this engine with the typical bench warming engine experts all chiming in. So I decided to be a crash test dummy and get one. I caught him just before the china new year break and he had a super "introductory" price I could not turn down. Delivered to my door from the opposite side of the planet in four days for $48!!! http://torqpro.com/?product=tp-70-four-stroke-engine

I don't intend to start some huge thread on this but I know I'll be shooting some videos and trying some different props just for fun. I will be installing this in my Top Flight P-47 with a Biella 20x10x4 scale warbird prop.

Quality looks extremely good, nice casting, heavy duty stainless intake manifold. They say "muffler" but it's just a flexible header. I don't have room for one but first thing I thought was that this would sound so badass with a proflow canister!!!!

_DSC0034.JPG

Attachments

• _DSC0033.JPG
    _DSC0033.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 648
  • _DSC0035.JPG
    _DSC0035.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 868
Looks really cool and would love to hear it run. I know DA had that little 4 stroke which also looked nice but I never heard that run either. Hope it works out nice for ya.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I stopped by today and took a look at this thing. Wish my pockets were bigger so it would have fit in one and it would have disappeared from his shop.:)

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I just can't see it being that fabulous for a 3D plane but for scale flying in a warbird, or civilian scale it could be way cool!! Cub? Decathlon?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Well, I built a test stand today quick and fired this badboy up. It started pretty easy and subsequent starts were very easy. The sparkplug cap BARELY fits on, but it looks like this thing will fit my P47 cowl very nice.

The problem........The thing sounds like a crappy scooter with no muffler!!! The straight pipe is nothing short of obnoxious. I had a muffler on the shelf for a DLE 120 and in redneck desperation (knowing it would only last a minute or two) I duck taped it to the end of the flex tube. AAAAAHHHHH, it only lasted a minute but sounded SOOO much better!.

So now the trick is going to be trying to fabricate some type of muffler for my P-47. I wish @Tseres was closer he can make anything with metal and if he can't he knows someone who can. So, I'll get my plane to the shop and get it set up so I can work on it and maybe some of you awesome GSN people can help a wood guy make a muffler?

_DSC0036.JPG

kork

70cc twin V2
Terry, I have had great luck with Al over at JTEC.
He has made a couple different customs for me and at around a 100 bucks it hard to beat.
Good luck and cant wait to hear the old Jug rumble!