• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
View attachment 101153 The QQ Extra isn't naked anymore. A little overspray here and there and there. Masking is tedious work for me. I like it now got to go fly it.

View attachment 101152

Looks really nice!:attaboy: I think your going to really like the new gear . I was doing one wheel touch and go's with some really long roll outs. Fun just got funnier o_O.

I moved the battery back to compensate for the additional weight over the stock gear. Doubt you will have to go back as far with no pants.

20180106-005024.JPG

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I was hoping but know better not having a cowl and going from a 35cc gas engine to OS 120 the balance is way off. Checked the balance and need to add just over a pound to the front. So now I have to decide how to do this.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
31f4a1b427ac7e454576a148d200e73a.jpg

ae3825c8b633619569d6e15458fd58c6.jpg
c6b5e1d8cb52e16bcfdd9f2d6576bc94.jpg

51b10af1f5c49ab04c45366d8db622af.jpg

Well, getting there! Finished the the throttle servo mount, the capt America minion’s seat- raised his shield and sewed him to the back... I should have just used a couple zip ties. Lol. All servos in place, need to do some more trimming on the cowling and radio linkage/programming. I was going to add a smoke tank, but I may just go without it until I get a 14ch receiver... my eight is filled up.... but that’s another dilemma! None in stock for another month at least. But hey plenty to do till then. Not sure if I trust the minion pilot though... could get hairy!!!

Want to figure out how to make an exhaust air dump that won’t let smoke fluid in. I’ll sleep on that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well after finding out that the Sundowner F1. Is quite tail heavy and needs a pound of weight on the motor. So made some calculations and figured out if I move the batteries onto the motor box and move the motor 1.7 inch further forward. With these changes it should balance.
Made four extension and finish off tomorrow and be installed and see how well it will balance
963AB4BE-4DC6-4D23-A09D-7E44553CC1DA.jpeg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I was told a former club member donated this to the fields "recycle bin". So I decided to "restore" it :).

It is just the fuse and it is even missing the rudder. LG has broken weld on one of the carriers. The cub wheels were covered in garage gunk and mildew but cleaned up very well. I was surprised to see that they are not DuBros but China Model Productions. Going to see if I can find a set of wings and rudder for it (wings attach with two carbon tubes through fuse). A cowl also. It is 1:4th or 1:5th scale (Fuse measured 48.5" minus rudder ). Wheels 3.5" so I'm thinking more likely 1:5th scale which would probably be a 88-90 inch wingspan. Looking at the fuse fire wall appears to never had a motor mounted. Makes me wonder how the gear got broke :confused: and if the donator has other parts and who he is. Must investigate :sneaky:.

0107181144-00.jpg 0107181143-00.jpg 0107181143-01.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I was told a former club member donated this to the fields "recycle bin". So I decided to "restore" it :).

It is just the fuse and it is even missing the rudder. LG has broken weld on one of the carriers. The cub wheels were covered in garage gunk and mildew but cleaned up very well. I was surprised to see that they are not DuBros but China Model Productions. Going to see if I can find a set of wings and rudder for it (wings attach with two carbon tubes through fuse). A cowl also. It is 1:4th or 1:5th scale (Fuse measured 48.5" minus rudder ). Wheels 3.5" so I'm thinking more likely 1:5th scale which would probably be a 88-90 inch wingspan. Looking at the fuse fire wall appears to never had a motor mounted. Makes me wonder how the gear got broke :confused: and if the donator has other parts and who he is. Must investigate :sneaky:.

View attachment 101184 View attachment 101185 View attachment 101186
Hmmm.... keep us posted. Very good chance my friend up here has what you're looking for.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp

@49dimes I have a Sig 1/4 scale Clipped Cub I sold then bought back, apparently after someone somehow snapped the wing off at the mount. 99% of it is still good, an RCGF 26cc, switches, etc. still in place, you can have it if you want to meet half way on the interstate. The wing mount can easily be fixed. Attached is what it look's like.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    813.6 KB · Views: 251
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp

Well should be an easy fix and on top of that the firewall is clean how can you crash a plane with no engine, as you said needs some investigation. That being a cub you should not have difficulty getting parts.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Gentleman need some help. This is concerning servo leads and extensions. A while back I bought some pins and connectors from a company to make extensions well in short they are crap. Would like know from whom you gentleman buy your pins, plastic connectors from Thanks.