• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
@49dimes I have a Sig 1/4 scale Clipped Cub I sold then bought back, apparently after someone somehow snapped the wing off at the mount. 99% of it is still good, an RCGF 26cc, switches, etc. still in place, you can have it if you want to meet half way on the interstate. The wing mount can easily be fixed. Attached is what it look's like.

Sent you a message.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Gentleman need some help. This is concerning servo leads and extensions. A while back I bought some pins and connectors from a company to make extensions well in short they are crap. Would like know from whom you gentleman buy your pins, plastic connectors from Thanks.

I used to buy "all you need" to make JR and Futaba extensions from Maxx Products. They had the crimp tools for both types and everything in between. I think they even had the "universal" styles.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I used to buy "all you need" to make JR and Futaba extensions from Maxx Products. They had the crimp tools for both types and everything in between. I think they even had the "universal" styles.
Thanks for the help yes I found them on there site.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well the AMA Expo was a success! The Gernot Extra 330SC Indoor Edition was a smash hit, even Jase Dussia himself couldn't resist wiggling the sticks.

26232792_10216145525217796_8495342092975520984_o.jpg
26240888_10216145525657807_3895873436805777422_o.jpg

There were 6 in total! This video should be public, Jase is flying:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well got the Sundowner F1 to balance with battery pack on the motor box up front. So if and when I build a cowl for it I can move the battery further back into the plane and it will still be able to balance the plane. Just finish up some of the radio gear and program the radio and it will be ready for spring.
45D27B3B-FAF3-4231-BB3A-32050D68E447.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well the AMA Expo was a success! The Gernot Extra 330SC Indoor Edition was a smash hit, even Jase Dussia himself couldn't resist wiggling the sticks.

View attachment 101195 View attachment 101196

There were 6 in total! This video should be public, Jase is flying:

Seeing that you were there at the AmA expo did you see the new DA 215 engine and I belive they were also talking about a DA 135 and also that DA has started making servos. Did see any of it and what did think.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Seeing that you were there at the AmA expo did you see the new DA 215 engine and I belive they were also talking about a DA 135 and also that DA has started making servos. Did see any of it and what did think.

Yes, saw the 215, it's really a military drone engine that can work in model airplanes too. It weighs over 10lb but is designed to run at WOT for 10,000 hours continuously, if they can shave off 2lb then it'd be a killer engine especially with 20hp at the tap. No word of a 135, they do have 2 servo models available but word is they will be limited production runs.