• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well I am not a happy camper. Working with this west paint it is not working. The primer went very well but when I went to paint the cowl white it all went to !!!!!!!!!, the spray can was not working it was coming out like light greas it would hit the cowl and just sit there it would not flow at all , tried a heavy coat but it just sat there it just would not flow out. And on top that the can is empty before I got the top half , so am pissed. Will have to let it dry and sand it all off and start again with some thing else well $125 bucks down the hole.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Well I am not a happy camper. Working with this west paint it is not working. The primer went very well but when I went to paint the cowl white it all went to !!!!!!!!!, the spray can was not working it was coming out like light greas it would hit the cowl and just sit there it would not flow at all , tried a heavy coat but it just sat there it just would not flow out. And on top that the can is empty before I got the top half , so am pissed. Will have to let it dry and sand it all off and start again with some thing else well $125 bucks down the hole.
That sucks.:(

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Let me know if you can't find them. I'll mail you some.

View attachment 98411

I found a ten pack on amazon for $3.00!!! Type in "ZAMA fuel filter" and it pops up in a few styles. ZAMA is owned by STIHL and was used in Homelite products as well I found out. There are a lot of china knock offs... everywhere. STIHL is made in the USA.

ZF-1 is for 1/8" line there is an original with one barb, newer version with two barbs I believe. designed for 30cc and under I think.
ZF-2 is for 3/16" line
ZF-3 is for 1/8" line and 30cc and larger
ZF-4 is for 3/16" line 30cc and Larger
ZF-4 is for 1/4" line 30cc and Larger

I am going to get some ZF-1's and ZF-3's and compare. That was some fun research!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
What paint are you using @Snoopy1? Is this the same paint as I used on the Jtec Pitts?

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yes it is from the same company.
My White also had serious issues. If you remember correctly, I posted the results in the build thread. However, Mike definitely made it right with me. Get hold of him and let him know what happened. Not only does he need to know so that he can take care of you. But also for others that purchase their products. They need to be aware of this.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I found a ten pack on amazon for $3.00!!! Type in "ZAMA fuel filter" and it pops up in a few styles. ZAMA is owned by STIHL and was used in Homelite products as well I found out. There are a lot of china knock offs... everywhere. STIHL is made in the USA.

ZF-1 is for 1/8" line there is an original with one barb, newer version with two barbs I believe. designed for 30cc and under I think.
ZF-2 is for 3/16" line
ZF-3 is for 1/8" line and 30cc and larger
ZF-4 is for 3/16" line 30cc and Larger
ZF-4 is for 1/4" line 30cc and Larger

I am going to get some ZF-1's and ZF-3's and compare. That was some fun research!

Awesome.:way_to_go:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
My White also had serious issues. If you remember correctly, I posted the results in the build thread. However, Mike definitely made it right with me. Get hold of him and let him know what happened. Not only does he need to know so that he can take care of you. But also for others that purchase their products. They need to be aware of this.
I have sent him an email today explaining what happened. Hopefully he responds, will keep you informed. What did he do for you.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Got a carbon fiber landing gear "bored" for pants/wheels and fuse attach. Installed the pants and wheels. Going on my buddies Edge. The stock aluminum gear was pretty flimsy so I guess he wont mind that I destroyed it making templates :D.

0820172322-00.jpg
0820172320-01.jpg