• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Now that I'm on the "other side of the mountain" of life I have to take a few days to find my patience o_O. I also took a few days to find some parts for an unruly engine that is costing me my patience :ugh:. Could not find a piston but found a new cylinder and a custom mfg'd ring for the DL50. I saw a brand new DL50 just get auctioned off for just over 2 bills but I think I got mine on track to run decent with the new parts for a total still under a hundred. So instead of getting the coveted DA50 I am gaining good funds for another DA70:) to go in my next project which I hope to start after Christmas.

dl50cylinder.jpg s-l225.jpg 09b_6_1_1.jpg prc-edgev3-09n_6_1_1.jpg v3edge.jpg

ericrs

70cc twin V2
Hi @ericrs nice to hear from you have you been flying yours and how do you like it.
Unfortunately I have not got to fly the Viper yet :concern: I have had some other things come up that have been taking my time, and now corn harvest is going to be starting very shortly and will be taking all my time for the next couple months. So I am not sure just when I will get to fly the Viper. It's really hard to see it sitting on the shelf begging to go fly, but I will get to it sometime.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Now that I'm on the "other side of the mountain" of life I have to take a few days to find my patience o_O. I also took a few days to find some parts for an unruly engine that is costing me my patience :ugh:. Could not find a piston but found a new cylinder and a custom mfg'd ring for the DL50. I saw a brand new DL50 just get auctioned off for just over 2 bills but I think I got mine on track to run decent with the new parts for a total still under a hundred. So instead of getting the coveted DA50 I am gaining good funds for another DA70:) to go in my next project which I hope to start after Christmas.

View attachment 98414 View attachment 98415 View attachment 98416 View attachment 98417 View attachment 98418
I know what you are going through I have Funtana I am building and i am totally lost on how I want to power it started with a YS 120 then changed my mind to a make it electric found the cost it was lot more money, more than a new gas motor. So now I am at a standstill trying to decide what to do. So I have put everything to one side work on something else and over next week or so decide what I want to do. I hope.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Could not find a piston but found a new cylinder and a custom mfg'd ring for the DL50. I saw a brand new DL50 just get auctioned off for just over 2 bills.

View attachment 98414 View attachment 98415

Well I found everything else I wanted to make my DL50 "Like New" except crankshaft and crankcase halves. Crank bearings, rod end brg, gaskets, piston with wrist pin/wristpin retainers and a set of reeds from https://www.dlenginesaustralia.com/dlshop will complete it . So with shipping costs included I am going to have a complete rebuild including new ignition......
for less than 165.00 :). I got VERY lucky to find everything needed to do this and do it CHEAP! CUZ......I CHEAP:laughing:.

PS...Went back to site and it now says out of stock on dl50 piston. WHEW!must have nabbed the last one!

dl50-55bearings.190.jpg dl50piston.jpg dl50wristbrg.jpg dl50reeds.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I know what you are going through I have Funtana I am building and i am totally lost on how I want to power it started with a YS 120 then changed my mind to a make it electric found the cost it was lot more money, more than a new gas motor. So now I am at a standstill trying to decide what to do. So I have put everything to one side work on something else and over next week or so decide what I want to do. I hope.

A beam mount RCGF26 would rock that funtana! Not a whole lot of scratch either! Just be careful with the ignition plug cap. I went ahead and put an RcExel A-02 on my buddies....

0806170135-00.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
A beam mount RCGF26 would rock that funtana! Not a whole lot of scratch either! Just be careful with the ignition plug cap. I went ahead and put an RcExel A-02 on my buddies....

View attachment 98425
For what it is worth, I had an RCGF 26 on my Dewoitine, (French Fighter) a few years back. Originally I had a Saito 125 on it. The glow 4 stroke sounded really cool and it flew it ok. But the gasserized 26 really made it haul the mail. That was the beginning of my gasser days. Dang, I miss my warbirds. I need to get busy on a really big gasserized warbird.

Last edited:

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
I got more work done on the ARS 300 yesterday. I installed the elevator servos and matched them, finished the other wing panel, installed the servo arms and pushrods and matched the servos for the rudder, and did the servo side of the pull-pull system. It doesn't seem like there is a whole lot of work left on this bad boy! But I probably won't maiden until Labor Day weekend.