• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC The new Dalton 300 SP / 330

Awesome Cam! You have become a very skilled builder.

Do you know if the new Dalton/PAU ARF is based on this kit?

this is reply from Tony:

The arfs are built more like the original construction. They will have the plywood top plate but will have the stringers on the bottom.

Now, up to 2 hours of work time.

Here, I placed the aluminum in the wrong area. I was thrown off by the 2nd hole on the gear plate. I thought, the Landing gear would not go over the hole, But I am wrong. It does go over that 2nd hole.
IMG_0201.JPG

Here is the repair. I just added another one on here. I tried to remove the one on the left of the picture, but that is on there too good. SI it will stay.
IMG_0209.JPG

Epoxy (hysol) to glue on the firewall on to the motorbox. Also, drilled/pin. And, i cut out holes for tubing/wires. These holes will be at a lower level relative to the baffle plate.

IMG_0202.JPG

IMG_0203.JPG

the side hole, where the spark plug cables comes thru, I like to smooth out the corner in the front, so that it is not sharp, and will not chaff the cable.
IMG_0204.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

view of the bottom of the Gear Plate.

Here is the 1/4" spruce support glued onto the bottom of the tank tray.
IMG_0213.JPG

IMG_0212.JPG

I will glue 1/4" plywood to the area between the top and bottom holes, about 1/2" wide strip, so that the mount extension will be further supported.

more work done. Up to 4 hours now.

IMG_0216.JPG

Once I get the landing gear, I will drill from the gear plate, thru the aluminum, and out on top of this plywood rail. Then I will glue in 8-32 blind nuts. That way, removal of the gear will be easy.

IMG_0217.JPG

the blind nuts that fix the ply strip to the gear plate , will not be in the way of LG1, LG2, or LG3

IMG_0218.JPG

Cam,
The landing gear is moved back on the new plane because the carbon gear now sweeps forward about 4". The way you did it on the left side is correct. The gear will mount over the solid area of the gear plate.

Thanks Tony, I am back on track.

I can see where the landing gear should go. The other two open slots are for air circulation from the canister tunnel. Want those open.
IMG_0224.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

This is the aluminum Dalton landing gear for the 300ML, but this
shows the location for the new landing gear.

Thanks again,
Cam

Cam,
Your build is looking great. Thanks for the note that Tony posted, we will be moving our gear plate mount back one bay because of the forward sweep of the new gear.
Tom