• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC The new Dalton 300 SP / 330

SO far, just about everything is similar to building the ML version, except for the gear plate, placement of the aluminum angles.

SO far, total time is up to 10 hours.

The following images are all from yesterday and today.
I sent Tony a message about the availability of a Mag 200. DO not know if those are still available. I already have some KS 95 cans, I received them from Klaus in Germany, they are slightly different in that the Stinger exits at a 70 degree angle from the rear dump, as opposed to most that exit at 90 degrees. The big plus of this will be slightly easier to get in and out of the canister tunnel.

OK, the gear plate aluminum has been covered with 1/4" aircraft quality aluminum, and held in place with button head 4-40 screws and blind nuts.

IMG_0229.JPG

Once the new landing gear arrives, and I am able to drill thru them, then I will install the 8-32 blind nuts on this top ply.

IMG_0235.JPG

As I mentioned earlier, I wanted to be as detailed as possible. On the CDI/servo tray, I installed these 1/4" blocks, to help improve the purchase of the servo screws.

Just to give you an orientation, this is on the bottom of the motor box, the top of the picture is the firewall. The rectangle cut out is for the throttle servo. The servo is installed from down, to up.
IMG_0236.JPG

These are some cool clamps. They are extremely high tension. Not enough to crush the wood, but tight!
They are called Cleco side grip clamps.
IMG_0237.JPG

IMG_0238.JPG

IMG_0239.JPG

IMG_0240.JPG

Dang Cam, you're quick! It took me 6 hours to recover one wing on my Sukhoi yesterday.
Have you posted the pictures yet?
If my wife finds out I am building a new airplane, I am in big trouble. She asked me to glue something for her, the lid one of her sugar bowls. I returned 2 hours later!! LOL!!

She has some shoes she wants me to glue the sole back on, in a few hours, I will go back out to the shop to "glue her shoe soles" back on!!

I want to demonstrate some reinforcements I did to the motor box. I obtained this 3/4" tri-stock, and placed them on the top and bottom of the CDI/servo tray.

IMG_0231.JPG
IMG_0232.JPG

This next image is just a "dry" fitting. No glue. I wanted to see how this cross brace ply keys in, and WOW!! Perfect. Again, Tony hit the ball out of the park with this one. And here is where the building will be different from the ML. Once my Fuselage sides are glued on, I will proceed to flip the motor-box, and place it square on the work bench. Use the aluminum angles, and glue the top piece on.

IMG_0241.JPG

BalsaDust

Looks great. Never seen those style cleco clamps before. Only ever seen there ones used for building race cars that clamp though holes drilled for rivets.

I need to ask Murry if it is OK if I use his covering scheme:

It has such classy lines and colors. I really like this scheme.

murry carden.jpg