• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

aerocowboy82

Holy Sh!t!!!
Hey Fellas, I'm gonna hijack this thread for one post and one post only! Hope you don't mind.
Huckfest poster.png

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Great day all around, got Herb's gasser maidened, and he liked it so much, once we use these 2- 6s 5000 batts up on the Stick, we gonna convert it to gas also. I also found out just how heavy aeroworks planes are, you need a rollback to get em to the field. @emtp275 throw your scales in the trailer, next time he brings that Extra out, I wanna weigh it.

Attachments

• DSCF4500.JPG
    DSCF4500.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCF4502.JPG
    DSCF4502.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 209

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Did not fly (way to hot) but the "Club Meeting" Saturday afternoon went very well and I really believe the "Hatfield & McCoy" fued has been finally shot DEAD! so ALL of us can fly toy planes with pleasure and friendships! The Burgers we had were super good too! Glad the grill got fired up and everyone have a fresh made burger or dog with all the fixins. This long lived disagreement was really getting to me and I am way over joyed that peace may come to our once divided club and men and women can act like kids the RIGHT WAY:epic:.

emtp275

100cc
Great day all around, got Herb's gasser maidened, and he liked it so much, once we use these 2- 6s 5000 batts up on the Stick, we gonna convert it to gas also. I also found out just how heavy aeroworks planes are, you need a rollback to get em to the field. @emtp275 throw your scales in the trailer, next time he brings that Extra out, I wanna weigh it.

Good thing I only spent a hand full of sleepless nights on that damn electric stick!

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Had a really great day of flying today. Lil Purple brother performed flawlessly. Last flight she turned 100. One cartwheel and over 1600 ounces and I'm ready for the next 100.

I also had the awesome privilege of flying with some of the...mmm, more elder gents of the club. One in particular was having terrible trouble with his Saito 72. It would start and sort of idle. But when he took off using more throttle, the motor was just so inconsistent. After watching him fight it for about a half hour, I could tell he was getting frustrated. When I was a glowtard, Saito's are all I ran. So I offered my assistance. After replacing the Fox plug with an OS Type F plug, resetting the needles, that baby was purring. He was so excited. He was tearing up the sky when I packed it in. A number of the guys came up and asked for advice. It is really a treat to belong to a field where your flying style or the size of your plane doesn't alienate you from the rest of the group. Being appreciated and respected is something the previous field I was a member of just couldn't grasp the concept of.

Of course I offered my two cents worth before I left. I meekly suggested that old glowtards don't die. They simply get.... (wait for it) ..... gassed!! They all got quite the chuckle. Yes, a really good day of flying indeed.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
My Friend Tony and I went flying today. It was sunny with almost no wind, but the field was pretty well deserted because of the heat and humidity. There were only three other guys that flew at all and we're a club of 110.

One guy managed to takeoff with the ailerons backwards and by pure dumb luck got it back down in one piece. When he brought it back to the pits he was testing them and couldn't figure out that they were backwards until one of the other guys told him. He then flew another plane and piled it in in seconds. And this from one of the guys at the field saying helicopters are dangerous.:lol2:

I managed it get three flights in without melting, but three was all I could take. Still a good day.

20150712_102310.jpg