• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Here's my take on the heli crash: A gear chipped in flight, causing a noise and vibration, then the vibration caused the gyro to go on meth binge :D

Followed by pilot error causing the impact with the ground.:msn_slap:

Dennis, I would love to buy your 700, but I don't think I can fit it in the budget right now.

emtp275

100cc
Ran out between storms to try my Pilot Extra 330 sense changing out the "Bling Arms" for SWB........ Trim Issues fixed! and was able to get the same throw on shorter arms that took blow back out completely between the wind and impending thunder I was only able to get one shake down flight so I hope the weekend is good so I can get to know the new girl a little better. But for now its all gravy :woohoo!:

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Followed by pilot error causing the impact with the ground.:msn_slap:

Dennis, I would love to buy your 700, but I don't think I can fit it in the budget right now.

When flying a heli.......never admit it was your fault, blame the equipment;)

I can put you on a layaway or payment plan for the 700:)

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Stormed over the 4th of July weekend but got to the field today and got 3 nice flights on the chipmunk. Roger flew the last two and he was grinning ear to ear:big-grin:. Will post up some vid as soon as I can. Sorry to be slow to respond but I currently have to find a hot spot for internet. here is a before and after pics...

20150518_100329.jpg
223.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
When flying a heli.......never admit it was your fault, blame the equipment;)

I can put you on a layaway or payment plan for the 700:)
  • Yeah that's what is was, a radio glitch, or maybe the wind got it or one of the million other excuses I hear at our field.

Oh well, nothing some new side frames, blades, main shaft, feathering shaft, boom, torque tube won't fix.

It looks like the torque tube bearing was going south and might have taken some teeth off the front umbrella gear like you suggested. It still had the original white gears in it that I'm told weren't the best.

emtp275

100cc
Went out with Ol @ChickenBalls today for a few flights and I decided to fly my 89 Slick, The same slick i never liked, I was about to sell It until It became the only 30center I had to fly at Nall, Every sense then I have become one with this plane and when I fly It I almost Feel Like Im connected to it. Think I should start hating all my Planes so I can learn to Love them was great to get out and fly today and relax the whole time even with the tail inches off the ground.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Went out with Ol @ChickenBalls today for a few flights and I decided to fly my 89 Slick, The same slick i never liked, I was about to sell It until It became the only 30center I had to fly at Nall, Every sense then I have become one with this plane and when I fly It I almost Feel Like Im connected to it. Think I should start hating all my Planes so I can learn to Love them was great to get out and fly today and relax the whole time even with the tail inches off the ground.
Hot but fun, got the Stick ready for Herb Sun., and I'll probably throw a few foamies in for him also, depends what time we go out. I think he gonna like the Stick.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry

Well......My 25% Peak Models edge became "one" with the dirt today:dancing-poop:. Really did not like it and now that its a few inches less in length...... (ok.. a lot of inches less in length) I still don't like it. Should have gone through with the future brother in law sale:face-palm:.