• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Bipenut53

150cc
Progress slowly on the ultimate. Got alot of stuff on my plate toget much doneView attachment 37296 on airplanes but I will find out tomorrow if im getting laid off and one other issue i am dealing with. Tomorrow could be really good or really bad. Its times like these i am thankful for my group of connections i have at church. It makes times like these much easier. Anyways heres the ultimate.

Is that the 100cc Aeroworks Ultimate? Boy that is one sharp looking airplane!! I keep shaking my fist saying "One of these days, I'm gonna have me one of those" lol Nice work clarkj!!

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
So I was sitting here remembering the good ol' days lol. I was thinking about when I was living on the west side of Washington state. I was living on some friends property where they had a private airstrip :thumbup: They also had a homebuilt airplane, it was a Stein Skybolt biplane, beautiful airplane and they did an awesome job on it. I then remembered that I had some video I took from the cockpit of one of the flights on mini 8 video tape (told you it was years ago lol) So I converted it to digital. Quick back story on the flight, it was a fall afternoon, we decided to go up and "play" a little. This airplane did not have an inverted system so everything is gravity fed, including fuel. This video is about 10 minuets long a lot of it is us climbing to get some altitude. You can see Mt. Rainier, the closest, the crater of Mt. St. Helens and off in the distance is Mt. Adams. After the first aerobatics set you see we climb again and my buddy says "Hey you want to do a spin?" Of course I said Yes!! Climb again, we do the spin then a hammerhead. After that you hear the engine cut out, me say you killed it! It started up again BUT we developed carb ice. This causes the engine to run very rich, you can smell it in the cockpit, and lacks power badly. The carb heater was not real good in that plane. So only choice was to land, only one way in, and one way out and at that point only one shot at it. You see a couple of turns to bleed off altitude and then he slipped it in....

[video=youtube;QCwsWUTXGP4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCwsWUTXGP4[/video]

This is where I learned how to fly RC too.... Look at those trees!!

missed this earlier, jeepers [MENTION=3348]Bipenut[/MENTION] Carb ice = no fun....

Bipenut53

150cc
Yes sir!! Like I say, I am about a foot taller than him, he was sitting in the pilot's seat behind me, I was really trying to make myself short! lol and the smell of fuel was very strong and the engine lacking power, and only one shot at the runway.... I had to clean myself up afterwords lol

clarkj

70cc twin V2
Is that the 100cc Aeroworks Ultimate? Boy that is one sharp looking airplane!! I keep shaking my fist saying "One of these days, I'm gonna have me one of those" lol Nice work clarkj!!

Yes it is. Ive wanted one for years and a friend finally talked me into it.

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
[MENTION=3239]clarkj[/MENTION]

I wouldn't wish a lay off on anyone. However, since retiring from the Air Force I have been laid off 3 times. (I used to be in IT) Each time I have landed in a better place than I left. And being a God fearing man you know the saying. HE will never give you more than you can handle.

Think positive and I will send a prayer your way as well.