• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Just noticed your signature lol Ill bet you have some good times...... I run a ton of Hitec servos........ love the newer ones!! My older ones are getting to show their age.... plastic gears breaking ect.... I gotta say I enjoy what I do too!! lol

What do you do? LOL That sounds bad... What do you do for a living or are you a lucky retired guy?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I've seen those, one problem is there is not much room in there. There is two wing bolts per wing and it is all I can do to get my fingers with a bolt in there. How thick is the nut part that you use to attach to the stud? I have not seen those in person to really tell so thats why I havent ordered those yet.

I will measure mine tonight when I get home for ya. They aren't that big and the rubber washer really does a fantastic job!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok that blue and white Bi-Plane is a.......... Starduster from the 1979 RCM magazine with an original Supertigre 60 round head with an old flow through muffler and a plug in the end......

Very cool! Looking at my old plane pics and seeing yours just reminds me just how far the hobby has come!

Bipenut53

150cc
[MENTION=2643]3DMIKE[/MENTION] My wife and I own an RV Park here in Grand Coulee. I do have time to fly in the mornings in the summer but the afternoons and evenings I am here taking care of customers and the park. I do enjoy being my own boss!! It does suck sometimes because most people get their free time and weekends and I have to stay here but Im not complaining. I get a chance to read a ton on the forums and learn because I am sitting in the office waiting for customers. I can fly my Crack Yaks here in the park, its a little tight but thats how we get better, obstacle avoidance! lol

Ok I see the red ones are in stock!! When I clicked I got the blue ones that are out of stock..... I should have looked harder!!

And yes this hobby has come a long way indeed My dad taught me how to build and fly line control airplanes back in the early 70's because RC was so expensive back then and they really wernt all that reliable. So I did my fair share of building and crashing those. Then went through school and went into the Airforce, got out and started a family then a buddy of mine was flying RC and I told him he HAD to teach me how to fly and it was all over at that point. Back then there were no computer radios, no expo, no end point adjustment (unless you had an expensive Futaba Gold box) and one model per transmitter. Boy did I have transmitters lol mainly the old Attack 4 AM wide band.... got shot down a lot by radio interference from whatever electrical noise was around. The runway I learned on was in western Washington, about 800 feet long and 100 feet wide and lined on each side with 120 foot fir trees. Had to learn how to keep your airplane where you wanted it!! Great learning tools those trees lol.
Sorry I am rambling now.... I still have a bunch of my older airplanes and from time to time I fly them just for the good memories and bad ones too lol.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm glad someone does! I can barely see this iPhone screen I'm typing on since I lost my reading glasses in Arizona.