• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
The plane was flying level and then nosed down with complete loss of control...no smoke until it hit the ground. Either the ESC or the battery failed. Single battery powering motor and RX through the ESC.

Brand new ZTW Gecko 80amp. Battery was a Gens Ace 6s3000

This plane flew great last weekend. Not sure what happened...unfortunately with the lack of evidence it will be impossible to discern the root cause of the accident.

Solder joint failure on ESC (Air Boss) lead killed my Extra from 50' straight in! No Fire. Same scenario- fine then nothing. That's really our weak links with the electrics. Constantly tugging on those connectors and wires even when secured.
Stinks. Glad no one was hurt.

I had the bullet come undone on my new AJ laser on Friday. It arced so bad that I could not put them back together and it kicked so hard on the 2 phases that is spun the prop bolt loose. Luckily I have a seperate BEC and the plane lands like a dream. On the really big stuff people just usually direct solder the motor to the ESC. I have castle 6.5mm bullets on the MXS.

That looks like a Jet crash. Sorry for the loss Mike.

Azhar

50cc
Happy Holidays all..

Enjoy 10% off from all accessories at Aztech Aeromodels. Use code "Summer14" on check out. The sale will last throughout September.

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409542529.387312.jpg Needs some more pizzaz. Looks good waxed though! Threw some blue Loctite on the stick ends, they kept loosening in flight (not fun at all). That's what you get for pinching I guess ;)