• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

SnowDog

Hey Y'all whats up? :) long time no see!

I've been pretty good! Ive gone crazy doing college apps/tours this summer, and now im finally getting flying again! Picked up a project car I've been working on too! 76 Datsun 280z! View attachment 26992

Chad,
Good to hear from you...college tours sounds like a good way to spend time...have you come up with a final choice?

That's a nice car to have...really old school...reminds me of some cars I drove back in the day, like my 84 Mazda RX-7 :)

What are you going to do with it?

AKfreak

150cc
I learned my lesson about anything from HK. However if they make you happy, by all means buy from them. But I really feel there are much better and more deserving offerings than from HK. Also I did have some Zippy packs that we're pretty good.

Chad,
Good to hear from you...college tours sounds like a good way to spend time...have you come up with a final choice?

That's a nice car to have...really old school...reminds me of some cars I drove back in the day, like my 84 Mazda RX-7 :)

What are you going to do with it?
Haven't come up with a final choice. My current #1 is University of Oklahoma. 2nd is Duke. 3rd SMU. Planning on Mechanical Engineering right now.
It is a fun car. I'm keeping it 100% stock! Just fixing a few things to bring it back to 100% condition. The fuel injection system is getting a full rework right now. I thought about doing a RB30 or LS2 engine swap, but if I wanted to do that I'd just get another Z. This one had 1 owner and 70,000 miles. Too clean to modify!

Also, when did DA start doing a reed change on the DA70 apparently? Just saw it on FG..... I've been out of the loop! I'm just happy to be back. On another note, I learned why you should retighten bolts, etc. today! Motor ripped itself off the 40" EPP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
I learned my lesson about anything from HK. However if they make you happy, by all means buy from them. But I really feel there are much better and more deserving offerings than from HK. Also I did have some Zippy packs that we're pretty good.

I have nothing negative to say about hobbyking. I know their CS isn't the best and parts availability is crap. But I haven't had any issues with most their electronics. I know lot's of people that say their $$$ battery is so much better then my $ battery but I've never experienced a big enough difference to justify not buying 3 for the price of 1 lol.

AKfreak

150cc
I don't buy big $$ batts, and mine are wonderful. The found the shipping cost from HK usually negates the savings for me anyways. Like I said, if HK make you happy, you need to buy HK. I on the other hand no longer buy from them. I have found what I consider to be better places to give my money to. Remember you are the only one that needs to be happy when you pay for stuff ;)

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I'm a "tapatalker" most of the time but was on the main site earlier today with no problems.

HK is good for a few things. They sell the 3mm thumscrew EF charges a bunch for for .39 a pair versus 3.99. Granted the HK ones don't come with the rubber washer. I get tailwheels from them that are similar to the Aeroworks ones.

I just did some testing on my MXS with batteries. Ran zippy compact 35C 3700s and they were just plain aweful. Went down to 40V on 12s which is 3.35V per cell on fully charged packs. Next flight ran a combo of Glaicer 45C and Gens Ace 35C and was at 3.8V per cell. Big difference. All the packs have been bought this year. I had OK luck with Nanotech 45C and better with 65C, but those are big money and you might as well buy Glacier, Yellow Jackets, or Pulse.

Some of the small Orange Rx stuff is nice for twisted foamies and such. Also I have gotten some of their SWB clone arms. Since Azhar has gotten the 2" arms in and the V2s I would steer anyone to him from now on though.

For better or worse they are as big a player in the worldwide market as Horizon is.