• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
they sell the scorpion battery straps?
No just the Velcro brand. For my 60" Edge I bought one there that was 2" wide that had a slight hourglass cutout to it in the middle which fit so perfectly to the slot cut in the battery deck floor. On my 60" Laser I use two 3/4" wide ones that I got there.

aronph

70cc twin V2
wait.....so there was a big strip of velcro on the battery tray and the battery AND two straps on the battery and it came out?

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
I missed the "FULL THROTTLE DOWNLINE" part....you think that had anything to do with it?!

Yep LOL. All my flying buddys were there, and I had just got done flying a flight that i thought was pretty good. Then about a minute into my second flight I had the great idea to go inverted on a downline at full throttle and do a poptop. Plane held up great, battery on the other hand not so much. And before that I had just done a full throttle blender, and a pinwheel. My guess is those two moves loosened the battery and the full throttle poptop just did it in. i think it is safe to say i got a little carried away LOL.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Well, I managed to find a couple places on E-bay selling the scorpion straps. I placed an order for the medium size ones for my 60'' EF Laser. Should hold down the 6s 3300 batts pretty good according to the specs. Worth a try at any rate LOL. Not attempting any full throttle downline poptops again anytime soon though :D. Hoping to have my laser done by early next week. Now that i do not have any other birds flying I am actually sitting down to build it LOL.

Manta

70cc twin V2
So who is still in the San Antonio area anymore? Looks like I "may" be doing a 34 hr reset here off i-10 at the TA truck stop. :). I believe this area is where we came to the fly low in a cple years ago with Hypersprint,Starzen,and Randidly. Holy goodness that was a fun trip