• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

scarface

50cc
I don't know A LOT but what are you using it for and how much are you willing to spend?

I don't want to spend over 650$. I'd be using it to film people indoor and outdoor. I would be using a wireless mic with it also. I would probably use it sometmes to film scootering but I am more looking at filming like if you were on a board walk at the beach. I was looking at these three cameras and don't know which one to choose and if you have any other suggestions im open to them.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

So anybody who knows a little you can just give me your opinions, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

scarface

50cc
I like the Canon DSLR cameras like the Rebel T3i. http://www.amazon.com/Canon-T3i-Digital-Imaging-18-55mm/dp/B004J3V90Y

I have a few friends that use them to film skateboarding and they look pretty good.

Go on youtube and lookup T3i video test or test footage and you'll see you can get VERY high quality video from it. Plus it's a very nice camera for photos too.

Yeah I was thinking about getting the T2i and a guy from a camera forum said

"Well, you listed a still camera and three video cameras. So what is it you want to shoot? I'll guess video. Some dSLRs can shoot video, and shoot pretty good video, but I am still of the mind that if video is what you're after, then get a video camera. To shoot quality video with a dSLR, you need some accessories. For pick-it-up-and-shoot video that most people look for in family gatherings and such, a dSLR is just clumsy. If you want both, but don't want to release the $$$ for both, then get a dSLR that can do video. Just be aware that it's a compromise."

I don't know what he means by accessories other than a 18-55mm lens. I am going to be doing just video, I pictures are none of my concern.
I just looked up on amazon and the T2i is about 100$ more than the T3i? The T3i would be the better camera right?
Also do you know about how much zoom a 18-55mm lens would give me? I don't really know anything about camera's.

hone

150cc
T3i is better for video than the T2i and has a hookup for an external mic and fully adjustable sound while the T2i does not. He is right about you needing more accessories for the DSLRs so a regular video camera will be easier to just point and shoot.

scarface

50cc
UGH!!!!!! OK so I'll get the T3i now, back to what I was origanaly thinking of getting basically. So what kind of accessories other than a lens?

wedoitall

you guys that dont fully charge your lipos, what voltage to you stop at? 4.15? i thought i would start doing that on my new 6s 3300. im also breaking in the lipos on my charger, plan on doing at least 3 cycles. what is a safe discharge amp?

gyro

GSN Contributor
you guys that dont fully charge your lipos, what voltage to you stop at? 4.15? i thought i would start doing that on my new 6s 3300. im also breaking in the lipos on my charger, plan on doing at least 3 cycles. what is a safe discharge amp?

Mine usually go to 4.16 for a 95% charge. Your chargers max discharge rate will still be very far below the batteries "c" rating, so don't worry about that part if you ask me :)