• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
It seems to me most of us see eye to eye on a lot of this... It's interesting to me that politicians get all the attention when it comes to electing whereas it should be strictly about the people giving the opportunity to serve their country. We the people for the people ya? anyways.... I don't want to ramble.

I friend of mine said "if you want to be president you should automatically be disqualified!" If you think about it he has a point.

This country is in the toilet and if we don't stand up for real change for the top down nothing will change. I believe ever single politician should be fired, clean house, get rid dem and rep parties and start over. This election process is a joke as well! Electoral votes, really?!?! It should be the popular vote and not in the hands of politicians!!!

Bipenut53

150cc
I am all for the "get rid of all politicians" aspect. Term limits, the only way we will cut down drastically on the lobbyist hold on this country....

Geezzz I told myself I was gonna keep my mouth shut on this.... but that is as much as I want to say because I dont want to get flamed

Bipenut53

150cc
So I made a big swapping trade today...... I got rid of a couple of a couple glow powered biplanes I had and had not flown them for a couple of years.... So I ended up with a 1/3rd scale Morane-Saulnier A1 that has never been flown. I believe it is a Balsa USA kit. 104" wingspan about 70" long it weighs in about 17 pounds dry. I threw the wings together and set them on top to get an idea of how its going to look. I am not a big one for "Warbirds" but this is unique enough that I am almost certain there wont be another one at the field the days I fly it. I have always liked Parasol winged airplanes along with biplanes.... This thing has been sitting for years and needs some TLC. I dont even know what engine is in it. I need to pull the cowl off and look. I just got it home, dust is still on it..... Here it is.......

DSCN3077.JPGDSCN3078.JPGDSCN3079.JPG

Bipenut53

150cc
Definitely off the beaten path of warbirds lol Thanks Mike!!... And from what Ive seen on youtube, they are pretty aerobatic.... Not hard core but should still be pretty cool in the air

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I've often thought about making this site into more than just a 3d site... not sure how that would go over. None the less warbirds are cool, scale is cool and jets... wow!

Bipenut53

150cc
I do like the fact that this site does not frown on other types of flying, because we all started somewhere. Most of us started out anyway in the sport airplane arena.... I cant even think about jets...... Makes my head spin lol

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Did you guys see this? 32 miles!!! Wow

[video=youtube;Ax8q-gHZf88]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax8q-gHZf88[/video]

F0oysNms6GrXTFVuZqq2lDl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVvK0kTmF0xjctABnaLJIm9.jpg

Article url: http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Super-Bowl-Fans-Levis-Stadium-is-a-No-Drone-Zone-367576201.html

Article by: NBC

With the long-awaited Super Bowl 50 fast approaching, the Federal Aviation Administration is reminding Bay Area residents not to try to get a drone's-eye view of the big game.

The airspace above Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara — which is part of Silicon Valley, home to a large number of drone owners — has been declared a "No Drone Zone" for Sunday's Super Bowl. Drone operators are prohibited from flying their drone within 32 miles of the stadium between 2 p.m. and midnight on game day, FAA officials said.

"With so many drones being sold for recreational use, we want to do everything we can to get the word out that the game is a No Drone Zone," FAA Administrator Michael Huerta said in a statement.

To that end, the FAA is posting on social media, including a public service announcement on YouTube, to make sure drone owners get the message.

“Bring your lucky jersey, your face paint and your team spirit but leave your drone at home,” the video's narrator says.
Super Bowl 50 between the Denver Broncos and the Carolina Panthers starts at 3:30 p.m. Sunday.