• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
My guess is he didn't buy into the Eco Boost hype. I've got a few buddies with Eco Boost F150's, fuel economy is similar to the 5.4L. The only advantage I can see to the Eco Boost is if you're pulling a trailer at altitude, the turbos can just spool faster to make more power when the air gets thinner.

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Why did you choose the V8 over the ecoboost? Is it not available in that model?

Ecoboost was avail. I test drove one. Acceleration was awesome! Fuel mileage is no good when towing. You could only get the small wheels and tires which didn't look good on the truck. I was really worried about the maint costs of the twin turbos too. Other items that turned me off. The stealership didn't have an ecoboost lariat in pearl white with running boards and the step in the tail gate. The running boards are important to my wife, the step is super helpful with airplanes and the pearl white just looks fantastic and goes well with my white trailer.

They did have a Lariat with everything I wanted with a V8 engine. The 2011 I was trading in had the same V8 motor and had been flawless. in fact, I was very happy with the 2011 but the technology upgrades inside the truck won me over and I received 0% financing.

The president of our club pinstripes cars for a living, he added a gold barbed wire pinstripe to the truck that looks great!

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Sunburn weather here this weekend. :cool:
Flying both Saturday and Sunday.

weekend.PNG