• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

gyro

GSN Contributor
Tornado WARNING this morning at 6am, and Flash Flood WARNING until 6pm tonight. Am I in San Antonio or the mid west? This weather is crazy!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hunker down, fingers crossed. Hope it passes by without incident!

Should be fine... Except wife has been stuck in traffic for an hour trying to get to work. Still miles away (and not moving faster than 5mph) and she's already 40min late :(

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
so you are going flying then right gary? perfect day for it?

stay safe man weather here has been not that crazy but crazy enough to where i bought a stunt kite yesterday. since there is plenty of wind LOL

quadracer

100cc
Two flights on the 6HV, one on the 89 so far. Second flight on the heli, I landed and when I was going over it, noticed the roll pin for the tail pulley was dangling, almost completely fell out! Glad I saw it before it cost me!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Two flights on the 6HV, one on the 89 so far. Second flight on the heli, I landed and when I was going over it, noticed the roll pin for the tail pulley was dangling, almost completely fell out! Glad I saw it before it cost me!

For us non-heli smart dudes, what is the roll pin?

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
lol quad that might be next on my list. Kite is quite fun. Pretty tricky to get in the air as its one of those dual line ones. Very cool though.

quadracer

100cc
It's a pin that is hollow, and has a slit down the length of it. The tail pulley shaft has a hole slightly smaller than the pin, so the pin collapses as you insert it. It keeps the pulley from spinning on the shaft, and if it fails, the tail rotor will quit spinning.

gyro

GSN Contributor
It's a pin that is hollow, and has a slit down the length of it. The tail pulley shaft has a hole slightly smaller than the pin, so the pin collapses as you insert it. It keeps the pulley from spinning on the shaft, and if it fails, the tail rotor will quit spinning.

uh oh! sounds like a big deal, glad you caught it.