• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

hosam

70cc twin V2
While I agree with the gist of your post I would like to add some options you did not discuss. Before I went with an 8FG I had a 7C and I flew it all the way to my 87" DA-60 3DHS Extra. The "Y" harness is simply not the way to do it and should never be suggested. I used a Smart-Fly Equalizer II and it worked perfectly for balancing and reversing your dual elevator servos. As for the no throttle curve you are right but expo worked out to a satisfactory solution for me. The DA-60 was providing to much power in the low end making hovering difficult. I played around with a tach and the expo on the ground and got it darn close to my liking.

With this said I would not recommend the 7C over the 8FG if you are buying but if you have the 7C with little extra effort you can set it up for a 50.

Full agree with you... Just figured that 7c had its limitation without spending any more money...

Well hmmm... I can get a 7C with a receiver for $205 shipped, new, or the 8FG for $250, shipped, used, without an RX. But I don't really think I need the features of the 8FG :confused:

That should make your decision easy...

-DJO

70cc twin V2
Hmmm I'm still not sure what to do. 8FG is too expensive... I'm deciding between the 7C or one of the 8J/6J ones. I'm also starting back into DLG so I'll need some basic programming for those (expo and dual rates :p), but other than that I don't even think I'll need 7 or 8 channels in the future.

Meh, I'll make a decision soon based on the cash that comes into PayPal ;)

:)

Dan

njswede

150cc
Let me ask you the super obvious question: Have you talked about your link problems to Spektrum support? I've heard they're pretty good! It doesn't hurt to try at least...

-DJO

70cc twin V2
Honestly I just want to try Futaba LOL... the link issues just pushed me over the edge, honestly. But link issues are link issues... I made a mistake buying the DX6i and should've waited until I had the cash to get what I really wanted.

Dan

-DJO

70cc twin V2
Wow, today is my lucky day. Got $195 from the DX6i and both a 8FG Super and a 7C popped up in the classifieds on the other forum, for pretty good prices!. Hopefully I'll get one of the two, but I'm going for the 8FG first! :D

Dan

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Wow, today is my lucky day. Got $195 from the DX6i and both a 8FG Super and a 7C popped up in the classifieds on the other forum, for pretty good prices!. Hopefully I'll get one of the two, but I'm going for the 8FG first! :D

Dan

So glad to hear, you will love the 8FG and peace of mind.

-DJO

70cc twin V2
I'm hoping to get it with an RX (brand new, the guy bought it for Christmas) for $350 shipped. The 7C is $270 shipped and comes with 5 RXs though...

And yes the peace of mind will be great :D

Dan