• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

njswede

150cc
Didn't know you were a Rush fan also! (been a fan since 1975) What thread were you intending to post this in?

Gyro already moved this to the correct thread. I wouldn't say I'm a Rush fan, but I've always been a fan of the progressive rock (or whatever label you want to put on it) sound. I'm actually classically schooled (went to a high-school for musically talented children) and I find a lot of the same elements that I like in classical music in this kind of rock. But I'm not a die hard fan like you guys. Not by a long shot.

Rush fans are interesting, BTW. They must have some of the most fanatic die hard fans of all the bands out there. You rarely meet a guy who's just a little bit of a Rush fan. It's all or nothing! :)

SnowDog

Gyro already moved this to the correct thread. I wouldn't say I'm a Rush fan, but I've always been a fan of the progressive rock (or whatever label you want to put on it) sound. I'm actually classically schooled (went to a high-school for musically talented children) and I find a lot of the same elements that I like in classical music in this kind of rock. But I'm not a die hard fan like you guys. Not by a long shot.

Rush fans are interesting, BTW. They must have some of the most fanatic die hard fans of all the bands out there. You rarely meet a guy who's just a little bit of a Rush fan. It's all or nothing! :)

Yep, you are right...people are rarely a "sort of" Rush fan...I'm one of the diehards :)

Kansas and to some extent Yes are also good bands that include classical music in their style.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Just got done flying as a guest of the Northwest Florida Modeler's club, at their awesome Fritz field (http://www.nfmi.org/forum/content.php?273-fritz-field)
It was nice to get a few packs though my MXS and Vyper while away on vacation.
Had a great time, and my father in law was an awesome spotter.

Even hear some chants of "lower...LOWER!!" from the peanut gallery during some of my Knife Edge passes... Finally got the MXS down inside a foot and they got quiet :) :)

Thanks NFMI!!

SnowDog

Just got done flying as a guest of the Northwest Florida Modeler's club, at their awesome Fritz field (http://www.nfmi.org/forum/content.php?273-fritz-field)
It was nice to get a few packs though my MXS and Vyper while away on vacation.
Had a great time, and my father in law was an awesome spotter.

Even hear some chants of "lower...LOWER!!" from the peanut gallery during some of my Knife Edge passes... Finally got the MXS down inside a foot and they got quiet :) :)

Thanks NFMI!!

Capture_2012-12-31a.jpg

:tongue:

njswede

150cc
Before I get too boozed up on Champagne, I want to say this: Happy New Year to all the members of 3DRCForums and everyone else in this wonderful hobby. It's been a great year for me and I've learned a lot this year. I'm still very far from being an accomplished 3D pilot, but I'm getting there. Albeit at a glacial place.

Last fall, Gyro told me about this site. I figured it may be fun to join another site and check it out a bit, but that was about it. Little did I know that I would become a small part of this venture. Let's face it: We're still a David among Goliaths, but I feel we're making a serious contribution to the hobby and I feel very proud to be part of that. What I like most about this site is that everyone who's on it play an equal part in making this site a success. The newbie guy who asks a questions that sparks an interesting discussion is just as important as the seasoned pilot who answers it.

So at the risk of being too Champagne induced sentimental: Happy new year and thanks for being a part of my life! Let's make 2013 a great year for 3D flying in general and this site in particular.

3dplank

70cc twin V2
Happy new year to you too, and everyone else. It's been a great year on 3drcfourms. It has come a long way:D I have wrecked less planes and helis in 2012. I must be getting better at flying:D