• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Starting Your Plane by Yourself, 60ccc or Larger

ace 7038

30cc
I have just spent the last fifteen minutes searching how to start your rc plane with a paint roller. I was unable to find any description nor video showing how to do so. I am going to put the question here, then.

So how do you use the paint roller?
Do you use it like a chicken stick?

ace 7038

30cc
It would seem much easier to use without the handle, but then that would put you right in the path of the propeller? I am guessing here do you use the handle to keep you further away? If so do you use one of the shorter rollers?

I am having a tough time wrapping my head around this one. I have been using a 'chicken stick' I made from a head bolt out of a 60 series Detroit and some odd bits and pieces out of the shop, an airline piece and a cut off end of a heater hose...

Forgive my ignorance as I have only ben flying fueled planes for less than a year.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
I have just spent the last fifteen minutes searching how to start your rc plane with a paint roller. I was unable to find any description nor video showing how to do so. I am going to put the question here, then.

So how do you use the paint roller?
Do you use it like a chicken stick?