• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Starting DA-150

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The settings on the needles is dead on you should not be more than 1/4 turn from there. As you can see from my logo or icon it is stick with an older DA-150 .this older 150 are very easy to start. If does not start after 5 or 6 flips stop and start looking. If you don't you will flip forever.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 276

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Helped a buddy start an old DA 150 that had been sitting for a few years. Turns out the reeds were stuck, just soaked them in gas for a couple of minutes, and she fired right up. :)

Oh, thanks so much !! That may be just what I need to do now !! I have been flipping that prop & trying everything all the guys mentioned & still no gas is getting to the plugs. They're dry as a bone But also, no gas will drip out the carb either. Now do I pull that whole reed block off the engine after removing the carb, or just pour gas down in the reed block after just removing the carb ?
Gosh, thanks a lot Joe !! I tried calling DA to buy a new set of reeds or whatever it takes in there but they will call me back probably tomorrow. Anyway, I will go remove the carb again & wait to see if I pour gas in there or remove the whole thing & soak it!
Thanks again !!
John !

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Oh, that may be what I need to do now as it still won't start. I flipped it & tried all the guys ideas but no gas seems to be getting to the plugs as they are dry as a bone ! Now do I remove the carb & pour some gas in there or remove that whole reed block assy. & soak it ?
Gosh, thanks a lot Joe, this may do it !!
John !

For some reason I thought the first post didn't take, sorry for doubles, ha !!
John

Joe Hunt

150cc
I pulled the reed block and put it in a bucket of gas until the reeds weren't sticky anymore... about five minutes. Maybe you have sticky reeds too, who knows? Haha :banana-dance:

js-rc

70cc twin V2
The settings on the needles is dead on you should not be more than 1/4 turn from there. As you can see from my logo or icon it is stick with an older DA-150 .this older 150 are very easy to start. If does not start after 5 or 6 flips stop and start looking. If you don't you will flip forever.

Oh, thanks again snoopy1 !! I flipped for an hour, off & on & was thinking it must be the reeds next !! Gonna try what Joe said now, not sure how to soak them yet, remove that block or pour gas in there !
Thanks again snoopy1 !!
John !

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Only thing between the carb and engine spark plugs is the reed block. I would suggest you remove it and and have look. Try the reeds see if they move from the block and spring back. Check them they must mave a tight seal if not replace the reeds and make sure the face that the reeds press against is flat and smooth. If not replace or clean it up on a glass plate. If you have never done this let us know.

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Only thing between the carb and engine spark plugs is the reed block. I would suggest you remove it and and have look. Try the reeds see if they move from the block and spring back. Check them they must mave a tight seal if not replace the reeds and make sure the face that the reeds press against is flat and smooth. If not replace or clean it up on a glass plate. If you have never done this let us know.

Ok,I will do that. I have done the reed block mods they mentioned on a couple DLEs, & even put the Bowman rings in !!
Thanks again snoopy1 !! I'm going to try to get that done tonight !!
John

js-rc

70cc twin V2
I got the reeds out & I don;t think they're stuck. The little pedals, little square & rectangle pieces will move outwards a little when I push lightly on them . Unless that metal piece is bent, which I'll bet it;s supposed to be, I can't see anything wrong with them. Here's some pictures I took of it !!

DSCF2746.JPG
DSCF2747.JPG
DSCF2748.JPG