• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Show us your bling.

BalsaDust

mndless;10004 wrote: But is that stuff going to be resistant to gas? I assumed it was an epoxy based something... maybe not...

When I did the motor box on my Cap232 with the speckle paint I went back over it with thinned epoxy to fuel proof it still.

ExtraNuts

70cc twin V2
Pistolera;9947 wrote: This was my first really blinged out GS....unfortunately met its demise after 4 great years of flying :upset:
attachment.php
I like the mirror effect.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Sick, ive thought of doing that to mine.. its about 9-10 years old and could use a new shine. Did ya weigh before and a after? Dont really matter, any weight is worth that look. But just wondering

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
IMAC FANATIC;10356 wrote: Sick, ive thought of doing that to mine.. its about 9-10 years old and could use a new shine. Did ya weigh before and a after? Dont really matter, any weight is worth that look. But just wondering

Was this for me Brian? If so, no I didn't weigh it before. When the airplane was new it belonged to my flying buddy Tony. I bought it from another club member, so I'm the third owner. The second owner bought it as a bind and fly, but for some reason decided to rebalance it and added a weight to the engine mount that weighed just shy of three pounds! So after removing that I figured a little weight from extra paint was nothing.

This was some "Bling" I didn't need!

10414=3741-PicsArt_1356362147201.jpg
10414=3741-PicsArt_1356362147201.jpg

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
reyn3545;10346 wrote: earle... Did you ever finish that carf extra?
CARF....hold your tongue :upset:...it's a Krill :smile-new:. Still working on it...vvvveeerrrryyy slowly. After the IMAC Worlds I plan to get'r done. Thinking about taking it to Top Gun next year!

imac fanatic;10356 wrote: sick, ive thought of doing that to mine.. Its about 9-10 years old and could use a new shine. Did ya weigh before and a after? Dont really matter, any weight is worth that look. But just wondering
The aluminum was only 0.018" and didn't weigh much (I didn't weigh it before hand). Heck the whole plane only weighed 28# ready to fly.

reyn3545

100cc
Pistolera;10462 wrote: CARF....hold your tongue :upset:...it's a Krill :smile-new:. Still working on it...vvvveeerrrryyy slowly. After the IMAC Worlds I plan to get'r done. Thinking about taking it to Top Gun next year!

The aluminum was only 0.018" and didn't weigh much (I didn't weigh it before hand). Heck the whole plane only weighed 28# ready to fly.

Be sure to say hi go some folks from my field when you get there.....

Wayne Mathews

Curtis Cosier

Alan Anderson - Sportsmam

Joe Cutright - Unlmited

With all that talent at one field... someone still has to empty the trash cans... me!

I've never owned a Krill, but I always liked the way they did the canopy/cowl on some of the airframes... do you prefer them over CARF?