• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Rotoflow tanks...bunky or bullet proof?

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Speaking of tank leaks.... I pose a question to those that have been operating these water bottle style fuel tank / systems.

Any problems with the main cap keeping its seal nice and tight after the rigors of gas engine flight?

I find my self looking and checking for weeping at the neck of the bottle very often. Every thing seems fine but it's making me nervous thinking of a bunch of gas spilling in to my new bird. This is my "virgin" experience with these tanks. I have been a long time stopper tank operator.
1123151845-00.jpg 1123151845-01.jpg

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
No one ever has had a leak at the cap on these KUSA, SEACRAFT,PSP tank caps???
Kelly we been using them for sometime now, with no issues. I don't like the cheap colored fuel line, and have been replacing clunk line with tygon. I just installed one in my Sukhoi, an left the blue fuel line in, after adding the brass tube in middle. @emtp275 an I cut it short, because I knew it was gonna swell/grow, well it did. I get to pull it apart again, and redo clunk.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Thanks Donnie and @camss69 . As I had mentioned in my build thread the KUSA tank had a leak on the fill drain fitting itself.
I kept the "blue colored" tubing that came inside the tank and it seems that I need to replace it then. The yellow stuff you see in the pictures outside the tank is siliconized poly and I have been using it for 5 years now with no issues. I will re plumb the tank guts with that cuz I keep it on hand.

Wacobipe

100cc
Speaking of tank leaks.... I pose a question to those that have been operating these water bottle style fuel tank / systems.

Any problems with the main cap keeping its seal nice and tight after the rigors of gas engine flight?

I find my self looking and checking for weeping at the neck of the bottle very often. Every thing seems fine but it's making me nervous thinking of a bunch of gas spilling in to my new bird. This is my "virgin" experience with these tanks. I have been a long time stopper tank operator.
View attachment 45564 View attachment 45565
Never had any problems with leaking. Viton inside the tank, tygon outside.