• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Rotoflow tanks...bunky or bullet proof?

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Hi everyone, a buddy of mine bought a used plane with a roto-flow tank. It looks like it's in good shape but I've never used one and neither has he. Are they any good?

Thanks,
Bart

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
Like this! It's as simple as it gets.
8400fe588e522608976f26561a4496e5.jpg

BalsaDust

I picked up a couple of the new fortitude tanks from redwing and I like the looks of them so far. Haven't installed either one yet though.

Wacobipe

100cc
I had one in a plane I bought so I left it there for 2 trouble fee seasons. Then one day the plane suddenly started dying on up lines...but ran fine otherwise. A couple weekends of troubleshooting and tearing the engine carb down to find nothing I decided to tear into the tank (opaque so you cannot see what dips going on inside) only to find the entire roto mechanism had come apart s there was no longer a seal in the brass line so on an up line when the fuel is in the back the engine sucked air, not fuel.

We dissected the mechanism at the field and there must be 10-15 components glued, soldered, or otherwise held together. It is a far too complex solution looking for a problem that doesn't exist...it does nothing a simple clunk doesn't accomplish....and a clunk is a very unlikely piece of kit to fail!