• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Rant......Pre assembled fuel tanks.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
Tank preference? What ever you like. I prefer the 4titude tanks many of them in all different size Birds and have never had one leak. In fact last year I put new lines in the 16 oz. 4titude tank I have in my 30% Pilot Yak and did not use any new sealant on the cap. I leave the gas in the tank and
it has not leaked a drop for over a year BELIEF IT OR NOT ALL MY GASSERS HAVE 4TITUDE TANKS, and I drive a Ford FWIW

Mikeq

150cc
I use to drive Fords but got tired of all the trips to the shop...got a Tundra new in 2010 and that baby has 318000 miles and still going strong. Nothing but oil changes and routine maintenance....just put my 6th set of tires on her.
Oh and my ARF tank still doesn't leak....Tony wouldn't send out tanks in Pilots that were prone to leak....

flycanic

70cc twin V2
@Mikeq You must do quite a few road trips? over 60,000 a year is a lot My 99 has 583,00 and All I have done is One injector and two sets of glow plugs due to the extreme cold in MT. Wyo. ND , and SD. As a diesel Mech I do all my own repairs

Mikeq

150cc
Don't get me wrong I'm not bad mouthing Ford it's just I got a lemon on the last Ford I bought...I travel all of Arkansas, Northern Louisiana, Eastern Oklahoma and extreme Southern Missouri oh and an occasional trip to Memphis..last year I logged almost 78,000 miles. My wife has been buying Toyota for years and absolutely loves them so I thought I would give them a try and I have to say it's been the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have owned many Fords and Chevy's and there have been some good ones but none of them even come close to this Tundra I currently own. The dealer told me I could get 400 + thousand no problem and I guess he was right.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I've made my own tanks for years using PSP caps. On the prebuilt ones its always the cap that fails. Fiji bottles last for years and years with the right cap. When doing an ARF I like to cheat and go prebuilt, just bitten three times in the last two years so I'm done being lazy is what I was getting at.