• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Rant......Pre assembled fuel tanks.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
ARF tanks Terry?? Or another type?

ARF tanks are garbage can filling material for me, too heavy. JMHO, I know they work fine but I like to see inside the tank.

My Wrong Way tank leaked all over the second season I had it. Sealed it back up and then the plastic fiji cap split this spring. Redid it with PSP fittings and can't imagine there being a better system than that..

For some reason I always had the caps that come on the Fiji tanks split radially out from the center. That's when I switched to PSP, there is nothing to ever wear out on those caps so they will literally last forever.

For some reason I always had the caps that come on the Fiji tanks split radially out from the center. That's when I switched to PSP, there is nothing to ever wear out on those caps so they will literally last forever.

And the Viton O-Ring can be replaced and should last a really long time as it is. Those caps don't hold up, I think they're a different type of plastic than the main tank and seem to take the stress of the fitment. I don't see the main tank breaking or cracking.

A sidenote, I'm really impressed with the Viton. After three years it seems every bit as flexible as the day it went in. I use it for the whole system.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
PSP cap fitting have never let me down, there is no argument that anyone can give that will convince me to change to a plastic fitting fuel tank.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
ARF tanks are garbage can filling material
I couldn't agree more after a trip into a corn stubble muddy field to retrieve a 50cc Yak that ran out of fuel after the tank split. I didn't here it quit since some a$$ was tuning right next to my flight box. By the time I realized it had quit I couldn't make the field.

Only caps Ive had split on me are ones Ive built and tighten down too much. Just snug a then a little is perfect. All my tanks now are WrongWays. No problems at all.

ExtraNuts

70cc twin V2
Dubro tanks working great for 29 years now. Never had one leak. A little maint every now and then to replace the stopper and new tygon every year or 2. I cant imagine the difference in weight compared to any other tank matters as a tank doesn't weigh squat! BTW I can always see the fuel in dubro tanks well enough to tell how much fuel is in it.

garlandk

100cc
I used wrong way tanks for the past three years and the same tank is still going strong. Honestly I feel any gas tank needs replacing after one to two years of flying hard. It's not too expensive to replace them for your yearly check up

AEROSHELDON

70cc twin V2
I use both the Fiji with PSP and also the B&B mastertanks. The B&B are so easy to replace the lines in it is ridiculous. :)

They weigh a little more but it is no big deal.

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
Honestly Terry. WrongWay or TailDragger have the best tanks going. Buddy of mine had a Fortitude in a SBach and it leaked around the neck. He threw the tank away and got a WrongWay tank at Joe Nall. Best move on tanks he has made.
Same same.. I'm done with Fortitude. Two of my three developed leaks around the fittings, and cracks on the caps after less than one year of use, and I couldn't even get the dude to return an email.. I am so done with this crap... PSP/Fiji from now on.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Never used a single "pre-built" tank. Guess I've always been too anal about "knowing" how it was assembled. At times, I have taken them apart "just" to confirm my suspicions. Poorly designed, tubing either too small, too short or the clunk not heavy enough. A close friend has had nothing but problems with his Fortitude tank leaking. I have been building and using Dubros with either PSP or Sullivan Aluminum caps and fittings. No leaks, no drips, no errors. Granted, I may not be able to see inside the tank as easily as a clear water bottle tank. But, I triple filter everything in and out of the tank. I can totally understand Terry's feelings on this. Take them tanks and chuck them.