• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Rant......Pre assembled fuel tanks.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm done, never going to buy another pre-assembled fuel tank again.....ever!!!!!! I've used a couple dozen and last night discovered that a new plane has a leak and now has gas all over the lower engine box and can tunnel
cursing.gif

This is the fourth pre-assembled tank out of a couple dozen that have had some type of issue and the second one that got gas in a brand new plane. I'm done with them.

In any plane that has foam core belly pan I have always used PSP fittings and Fiji tanks. Never an issue, ever. Guess I need to place an order with PSP and drink some water so I can replace some tanks in the coming weeks.

Rant over, have a great safe weekend everyone.

Husker

50cc
I have never had any problems with water bottles and psp fittings. I have had leaks with every other kind I have tried.

Just yesterday I used an f-word tank(it was free, I wouldn't buy one myself) to test run a new motor and it leaked all over. Luckily I think it was mostly around the can tunnel so it should be fine. Everything smells like gas now:very_angry:.

kork

70cc twin V2
I especially like there heavy clunks and have used them in Dubro tanks with the PSP aluminum 3 hole caps.

I made my water bottle tank a little while ago,,, very simple to do. 101.4 oz water bottle, PSP fittings and the 1/4in. feeder nipple from McMasters

Attachments

• tank_3.jpg
    tank_3.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 331
  • tank1 (2).jpg
    tank1 (2).jpg
    108 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_20150313_151434220.jpg
    IMG_20150313_151434220.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 327
My Wrong Way tank leaked all over the second season I had it. Sealed it back up and then the plastic fiji cap split this spring. Redid it with PSP fittings and can't imagine there being a better system than that..