• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Rant......Pre assembled fuel tanks.

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
If it fails, and it fails in a way that can bring the plane down and the manufacturer won't return emails then he's fair game in my book. He could have taken care of the issue and my post would have been to his favor or a warning but when you handle your business the way he is then I'm going to speak up.

The directions indicate that if I leave fuel in the tank that the clunk line won't get stuff.. It did. I installed it the way the directions indicate and it cracked. I attempted to contact the manufacturer to resolve my issue he won't return my email. The clunk line was a good solid inch from the back of the tank.. So if I go into a hover there's a good possibility I could run out of gas with gas still left in the tank.

These are very expensive planes I don't think I need to tell that to anyone here. The tank failures could cost a fellow modeler their plane. Why would I not share my experience with my fellow modelers? Saying they are junk is valid IMO, nobody likes hearing what they are using is junk. I understand that.. So I will say this instead.. I would recommend using one of the other options available when it comes to fuel tanks for giant scale planes.
This is well written and exactly correct IMO.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
Lol that last rant is kinda funny. A felt clunks just needs fuel to splash it. Have you looked at a fuel tank that's half or 1/4 full while the motor is running. The fuel is flying all over the place. It's been proven that a felt clunk will suck every last drop out of a tank before the motor runs out. There's vids and I've seen it first hand lol. Just my opinion each to his own I guess.
I total agree +1

crashflow

70cc twin V2
I have had very good luck with Fiji tanks and psp caps but I have had in line fuel filters leak and suck air and cause deadsticks that took me forever to diagnose so watch out for those.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I am curious for those that are using the DuBro tanks what seal are you using? Is the DuBro gas seal okay? I have toyed with the idea of using one with the SWB or PSP aluminum cap and use my PSP fittings through the top of the tank.

PSP.JPG SWB.JPG

AEROSHELDON

70cc twin V2
I have an SWB one on a 24oz Dubro for my DA70 and it is working well so far but not a lot of flights (8 so far).

kork

70cc twin V2
That is exactly what I did on my latest warbrird Ohio
I couldn't fit a water bottle so I used all psp in and out and the red stopper with a stock dubro tank.
Its jammed in a spot where changing parts every year was not in the cards.
If they made a Viton stopper It would be the ultimate then.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
I have had very good luck with Fiji tanks and psp caps but I have had in line fuel filters leak and suck air and cause deadsticks that took me forever to diagnose so watch out for those.
Inline fuel filter's ? Why. What do you think the filter in your fuel jug and the felt clunk filter in your tank is for. I have never used inline filters and have never, let me repeat that, never had an issue in any glow or gasser I have flown for over 30 years. Inline filters are over kill, just personal preference again

flycanic

70cc twin V2
A biginner that can fly circles around others.
Beginner? From what I here when you fly people take notice. We were all beginners at one time. What difference does that make as long as we have fun, learn, and advance our skills. I agree with Yakman, You do better than most in this area.