• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Primo .15 size 3D Profile Build Thread

gyro

GSN Contributor
Teeokie,

What size batteries are you running? I'm on the hunt for some decent cheap LiPos. I heard Gen Ace is the way to go so I might try those.

I also heard there is a long lead time of these planes so I better order it right away.

Thanks,

Frank

Frank,

I've found www.epbuddy.com helpful with batteries... their Glacier batteries are AT LEAST as good as Gens Ace, maybe better.

-G

gyro

GSN Contributor

teookie

70cc twin V2
I run 3S 1300's. Gives about 7 minute flights.

So far I've run Gforce batt's from valuehobby, and gensace from hobbypartz. The gensace are great, no complaints. They are only now after several hundred flights starting to loose their punch and I think tha'ts probably due to being stored in my 100° garage all summer. I checked a few days ago and hobbypartz has them in stock. The glacier batteries do seam to be the latest "trendy" battery though. I'm sure they are great as well.

The last primo I ordered did take a while to ship. I think it was around thanksgiving and Paul was out of town or something so it took a few weeks.

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
Thanks for the battery info teookie and thanks for posting that review on the Glacier battery. Definitely glad to have a choice. I like to get my batteries with Deans installed. I know it's no big deal to solder them on, but if they come that way, all the better. It's good to see the batts come with the Deans on them.

I ordered the Primo last night. I heard it should take about two weeks to get here.

I believe I am going to use this motor on it. Firepower 400 Speed (2830-13) http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the-2434/Firepower-400-Speed-(2830-dsh-13)/Detail

Frank

Last edited by a moderator:

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
I got the HS-65MGs. http://www.servocity.com/html/hs-65mg_mighty_feather.html I asked around and was told that those were the best choice for this plane.

The good news is that I won a free servo from Servocity from a Facebook raffle and I "traded in" that servo and used the credit to help in the purchase cost of those 4 servos. They were not cheap. Great timing for me on wining that servo.

Frank

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
Good news. My kit finally arrived. The bad news is that I do not have time to build it now. I will be starting another build clinic at the end of the month and I just don't have the time required to finish this up and start the build clinic plane. :(

Frank