• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Post'em....Old planes you miss having

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok people this is embarrassing looking for some of my old favourite planes but could not find any in digital format must have taken them before I had a digital camera. Would you Guys mind if I took digital pictures of an old photo and showed it, will not be great quality.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ok people this is embarrassing looking for some of my old favourite planes but could not find any in digital format must have taken them before I had a digital camera. Would you Guys mind if I took digital pictures of an old photo and showed it, will not be great quality.
:way_to_go: Do it!! Doesn't matter the quality.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Love the plane man that is one impressive paint job love the colours.

No kidding, right?!:yesss:

To show you just how sick an individual I was in those days I have a field box painted to match the Cosmic Wind that photo.
Here is the removable battery portion next to my old UFO

UFO Field2.jpg

A Sig Kiwi with an older round head Tiger 40. It was the touch n go king!

I miss my old Tipo, but dont regret selling it.

Only airplane I regret selling is the OMP Yak 55M, 108".

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Rob,

Why didn't you finish your Nosen P-51? It looked like the building part was finished. Although you still had to prime & sand, then prime & sand, then sand and sand again before it would be ready to paint. Just ask Doug, I'm sure he could tell you all about it. . . . . :laughing:.

Hey Doug,

I'm going to call Mark at CCK and buy one of his UFO kits. Then, I will have it sent to your house so you can build and paint it for me because that's the only way I will ever have a UFO that looks that good. . . . . :yesss:.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey Rob,

Why didn't you finish your Nosen P-51? It looked like the building part was finished. Although you still had to prime & sand, then prime & sand, then sand and sand again before it would be ready to paint. Just ask Doug, I'm sure he could tell you all about it. . . . . :laughing:.

Oddly enough, the P51 Mustang was and has always been my all time favorite of any plane ever produced. I dreamt of one day flying...at least one in rc configuration. Hence, Stangflyer I am. But alas, life happened and my three childen were more important than the hobby at the time. I took an eight year leave from the hobby to raise my kids. Ah, but when I came back, I did indeed get two Mustangs and flew them through many campaigns and many missions. But I soon fell prey to the evil forces of the dark side. Giant scale!!! Lol. One of these days, (after the Pitts is done) I'll dig that Don Smith out of the closet, dust it off and build it in its entirety. If a Saito 125 powered and 30cc gasserized Mustang was fun, I can only imagine what a 102" Don Smith would be like. :banana-dance::banana-dance:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey Rob,

Hey Doug,

I'm going to call Mark at CCK and buy one of his UFO kits. Then, I will have it sent to your house so you can build and paint it for me because that's the only way I will ever have a UFO that looks that good. . . . . :yesss:.
I built planes for people for years, so we could make that happen if you want.;) When you look on his site the photo he uses is my old beater UFO. It was a glass Great Planes kit I bought built. It was a pretty bad job, but flew great. I had it for probably 15 years and sold it in 2013.