• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Post'em....Old planes you miss having

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
My old 94" Lanier Edge 540. She had a 106cc twin in there......MEGA power with than engine, especially only weighing in at 23 pounds.
2012 KC HF Smokin Edge b.jpg
2012 KC HF Smokin Edge.jpg
Me Edge 2012 HF.jpg
IMG_1288.JPG
IMG_1290.JPG
IMG_1291.JPG
IMG_1292.JPG
IMG_1293.JPG
IMG_1310.JPG

Larry B

70cc twin V2
Here is one that I miss, this photo was taken in 1976 out in my parents back yard in Albuquerque NM. I have been thinking about building another Trouble Maker but all of the Senior Pattern contests are a 500 mile drive.
Yep, I started out flying Kraft radios, check out that hat:)

Troublemaker 001.jpg

Last edited:

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
3DHS 87" Extra SHP, DL 50.....my first "giant". A blast to fly, but it found some trees and didn't fair very well....although I still have the busted up fuse and a good set of wings and tail feathers so I might resurrect it yet!!!!!!!
DSC00017LR.jpg

If you're gonna stick it in trees....do it right! :confused:
IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
3DHS 87" Extra SHP, DL 50.....my first "giant". A blast to fly, but it found some trees and didn't fair very well....although I still have the busted up fuse and a good set of wings and tail feathers so I might resurrect it yet!!!!!!!
View attachment 90243
If you're gonna stick it in trees....do it right! :confused:
View attachment 90244
View attachment 90245
Ouch!
But that's how my scratch build started, with a set of wings and tail surfaces from a Yak I killed.;)