• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Playing With Artwork (just some ideas)

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
[MENTION=4]3dNater[/MENTION] Hmmm...never heard of Summa, I use Mimaki printers. Really nice printers.
[MENTION=3014]AKfreak[/MENTION] my choice out of all yours is the first orange one.

AKfreak

150cc
I like that one too, it's also my favorite. I'll lay it out without the oval and add a few fine details.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Those mimaki printers look pretty sweet. The one my buddy has uses a resin type ink that comes on ribbons. I can see the ink jet process being a little higher quality on solid colors and a ton higher on cmyk. My buddy's printer will do cmyk but it turns out pretty pixelated. That usually isnt a huge deal for a big graphic on a plane but it does impair the clarity of the emage quite a bit by comparison.

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
The ribbon printers aren't to bad, the only down fall I've seen with them is the fades are pixelated. I've used the Gerber Edge ribbon printer in the past.

I think CMYK solvent inkjet is the way to go, unlimited colors, great quality and the fades are smooth. Quality can be controlled with the amount of passes per inch you select. I usually print most graphics with 8 pass 720x1440 bidirectional. Wraps I print with 16 pass 720x1440. I can go up to 32 pass if needed.

AKfreak

150cc
Ok here is my final offering.

14668069290_d9a62f0ecf_b.jpg

And below with a bit more contrast.
14831761236_7f10ccae05_b.jpg

AKfreak

150cc
I like the bottom one. Thanks for the offer to make a few for me. I might need a few custom colored ones. I just bought he new RW&B 85" MXS, and you have seen ny neon green Chekerboard Extra 300 on the forums plane images (its next to my lost green MSX) .