• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 122" Extra 330SC

Joe Hunt

150cc
Got the DA-170 back yesterday and bolted it on last night. I "goop"d on the cuffs, but they're pretty thin and I don't have high hopes for them lasting, but we'll see.

Attachments

• 20160108_052206.jpg
    20160108_052206.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 352

Joe Hunt

150cc
I noticed when I used my temp gun (no telemetry setup as of yet) after landing that my left head (from the front) was cooler than my right head. The right head is more forward and gets the air sooner, but the left head had a 3/8" gap behind it... whereas the right head had an 1-1/4" gap behind it. So, I took and used some balsa to fill in behind the right head until it had a 3/8" gap behind it, too. We'll see if it makes a difference one way or another (if I ever get this plane back together).

The front part of the baffling is removable now, as well. So I'll be able to remove the engine, change plugs, etc. without having to cut it off again. Doh! lol

Attachments

• 20160112_230958.jpg
    20160112_230958.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 341

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Oh yea, I love the question "should I baffle this engine?". Answer is always HELL YES!!!!! As you make baffles from the front of the cowl it helps to close off the large area that always legs free air go towards and over the spark plugs. Air is always path of least resistance so by closing that off you can drop temps substantially. Aim it directly at the top fit on the engine.

Joe Hunt

150cc
Hey @dhal22 ... I setup the plane with the EQ-10 this time. If you turn the plane on first the servos do not get any power, thus no binding. :) They don't power up until you turn on the radio.

Joe Hunt

150cc
Hey @Terryscustom ... 10 years ago I started spacing out Rocco's control horns to allow for conicals. I mentioned in this review I'd like to see Pilot do that, as well. You're into this stuff, haha, wouldn't you like that setup? Since you're cutting out your own horns and horn bottom plate you could do that easily. :)

Attachments

• aw_260-122inch_040.jpg
    aw_260-122inch_040.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 289