• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 122" Extra 330SC

Joe Hunt

150cc
A million hours later... it's almost an ARF:

Attachments

• 20160104_215402.jpg
    20160104_215402.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 260

Joe Hunt

150cc
That was covering I had on hand, maybe tomorrow what I need to finish it will show up from Horizon Hobbies... no shop in like all of California carries anything for working on planes (i.e., ultracote). Engine still not back from DA, servos I had checked out at Hitec still not back. Event in less than 3 weeks. No sleep, not good. haha

Joe Hunt

150cc
Covering showed up today. I covered under and around the landing gear plate. I always wanted to do that since Pilot does not for some reason. This time I'm going to go ahead and add the cuffs, too. :) DA suppose to show up tomorrow. No word on when the Hitec servos will be heading back. In two weeks @Tavis is showing up. :O lol

Raffle prizes from DUBRO and Smart-Fly have shown up. DA and Hitec say "it's in the mail." haha TruTurn is waiting on the AMA event number (got it to them yesterday). Who else? Oh, stuff on the way from Fromeco, too.

AMA show in Ontario this weekend. I'll be doing videos for GiantScaleNews.com :)

Attachments

• 20160106_230221.jpg
    20160106_230221.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 255
  • 20160106_233815.jpg
    20160106_233815.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 251

Spats

100cc
Cuffs should last about 20 flights so at least they will look good for a while :LOL_gif::dancing-chicken: I've tried them twice with no real success.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
To install cuffs I slide them on, put a little piece of tape to mark on the gear where they go out to. Then clean the gear with alcohol and apply a LARGE bead of "Goop" on top and bottom. Apply it inside that tape by about 1/8". Slide the cuff up on there and tape the bottom and top in position. Leave the plane upright so gravity will keep the goop down in the bottom. Let dry overnight.

Never had one come off. If the top is a little floppy, use a syringe and put some goop up at the top as well.

Spats

100cc
The gear on Pilot 40% planes flex so bad they all have broke on me. I have them on smaller planes with no problem and install them on similar to Terry.

Joe Hunt

150cc
To install cuffs I slide them on, put a little piece of tape to mark on the gear where they go out to. Then clean the gear with alcohol and apply a LARGE bead of "Goop" on top and bottom. Apply it inside that tape by about 1/8". Slide the cuff up on there and tape the bottom and top in position. Leave the plane upright so gravity will keep the goop down in the bottom. Let dry overnight.

Never had one come off. If the top is a little floppy, use a syringe and put some goop up at the top as well.

Thanks, Terry! :)

Joe Hunt

150cc
The gear on Pilot 40% planes flex so bad they all have broke on me. I have them on smaller planes with no problem and install them on similar to Terry.

Yes, this 122" plane's gear has always flexed a lot! It is super light, though... and only cracked by the axle on one side in my "crash."