• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 122" Extra 330SC

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
RTF
Probably put the maiden up today, Sunday. :)
The pull/pull exit looks nicer than the stock setup, and we'll see how the cuffs hold up.

I understand they scale thing, but I like the old Pilot traditional wheel pangs way better than the newer "elf shoe" style. They look good once installed, just one of those funny things. I can't wait to see some videos from your event that I can't come to:(.

Joe Hunt

150cc
Here's the only picture I could find of what I was talking about @MarkDennis ... one cover is convex, the other concave.

Attachments

• ss-highres_13abb.jpg
    ss-highres_13abb.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 295

Joe Hunt

150cc
Got the re maiden up yesterday! I did everything to the plane I wanted to after the first maiden and it paid off. I wouldn't change a thing. Really needed those fourteen 500oz brushless servos for me to like it. I don't understand the guys that use less on a 122" plane. I added weight to the tail by adding those two extra servos back there... and it was already tailheavy... but with moving all the gear as forward as possible (batteries in the motorbox, etc.) it is probably 1/2" more forward on the CG. The plane is probably 2-3 lbs heavier and that is something I wanted after the first maiden too. Just needed the plane to come down. haha The plane felt like a SIM plane to me on the re maiden. I couldn't be happier. :)

The baffling mod now has both cylinders the same temp on landing... 135-F each. Love it. :) I'm using up 800mah per flight with this setup. And, the SmartFly voltmeter shows my lowest voltage in flight was 6.9 volts. The cuffs still look good, and this engine is more of a monster than it was before. Idles down to nothing, too. The extra weight of the plane is really nice in the torque rolls, too... calms the motor down a bit. :)