• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 107" Extra 330SC

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Holy crap, just saw that filter pic! Wow. I use a Walbro filtered clunk in my fuel jug and a largeaw mower filter on the outside just before the pump. I have engines that are 4 years old and still done nothing but look at the screen every spring and nothing to be found.
a mower filter in the fuel line is a good idea, never thought of it but will have to grab one next time i'm near a garden center. i have a filler fitting with a sintered bronze filter in it but i like the idea of a paper filter element with a lot more surface area like what you're talking about.
:)

Holy crap, just saw that filter pic! Wow. I use a Walbro filtered clunk in my fuel jug and a largeaw mower filter on the outside just before the pump. I have engines that are 4 years old and still done nothing but look at the screen every spring and nothing to be found.

My fuel can is from Jersey Modeler and I've had it since 2006. It has a filter on the line from the can and then I have another filter from the tank to the carb (3 line system). I've had a jelly like substance on the screen when I was running gas with ethanol in it. My motor didn't run any different after I removed the substance though.

Now that I have it running right, I'm probably going back to pump-gas with ethanol since there's an 80-85% chance I'm moving back to College Station and there is no-ethanol free gas in the area unless I buy barrels of 110-116 leaded racing fuel.

Joe Hunt

150cc

Yeah, what exactly is all that stuff? Didn't change a thing in the way it ran or idled. Still flames out in a poptop.

Joe Hunt

150cc
I checked the first start yesterday for ya', on the ZDZ 180. Four flips and then let go of the choke switch on the radio and she was running. Two flips for the rest of the starts throughout the day. :)

My fuel can is from Jersey Modeler and I've had it since 2006. It has a filter on the line from the can and then I have another filter from the tank to the carb (3 line system). I've had a jelly like substance on the screen when I was running gas with ethanol in it. My motor didn't run any different after I removed the substance though.

Now that I have it running right, I'm probably going back to pump-gas with ethanol since there's an 80-85% chance I'm moving back to College Station and there is no-ethanol free gas in the area unless I buy barrels of 110-116 leaded racing fuel.

Joe Hunt

150cc
Might as well change the covering scheme to be more visible while I'm at it. :lol2:

Attachments

• 20160405_163717.jpg
    20160405_163717.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 246

Joe Hunt

150cc
BTW, my eyes really suck... I never had to worry about dark covering schemes 10 years ago... and I didn't wear glasses then either. :/