• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Peak Models 32% Extra 330 SC

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Smoke system crossed my mind to but the mess reminded me not to do it.
Ah come on..... you're use to that kind of clean up. Just think of it as "Odorless Glow" fuel.
wink-and-smile-smiley-emoticon.gif

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Just an update.......I started having problems with the R6014FS channel 6 port and the H 50 B servo that was plugged in to it. The servo would respond erratically. For some reason the signal voltage fell to about 3 volts so I swapped it out for the R6014HS. Got right at 4 volts signal voltage at all 14 channels and the H 50 B's all working as they should. I may install the Smart Fly board so signal voltage gets a boost to about 5.5 volts. Going to get a few flights on it with just the swapped receiver for now and see if all holds up well.

20160525_165628.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Just an update.......I started having problems with the R6014FS channel 6 port and the H 50 B servo that was plugged in to it. The servo would respond erratically. For some reason the signal voltage fell to about 3 volts so I swapped it out for the R6014HS. Got right at 4 volts signal voltage at all 14 channels and the H 50 B's all working as they should. I may install the Smart Fly board so signal voltage gets a boost to about 5.5 volts. Going to get a few flights on it with just the swapped receiver for now and see if all holds up well.

View attachment 81562
That's a little spooky Kelly. Correct me if I am wrong...but shouldn't a rx have more than 3 volts? Perhaps that's why the servo was getting all sketch on you? I have been told that while some rx are safe to around 3.6 volts, others will brown out at 3.0. I've been really pleased with the Smart Fly boards. Servos get a constant voltage of the battery you have plugged into it. 6.6, 7.4...whatever is plugged into the SF, that's what the servo's get. Also, signal strength never falls below 5 volts. The rx on the SF get a constant designated and uninterrupted 4.9 to 5.1 volts. Though many are using Powersafe rx's, I really prefer the SF. A huge plus for me is unlike a Powersafe, if a servo jams or freezes, my understanding is the battery(s) will be drained and your rx browns out. With the SF, same scenerio and the SF will isolate that circuit and your rx will "NEVER" starve for power. Now if I'm incorrect on the Powersafe rx's, someone set me straight. I may not have to run SF boards, but I don't ever want to lose a plane due to an unforseen possible power drain.

Last edited:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Kelly,

That sure is a funny looking cheeseburger in your avatar. At least I have never seen a purple one that could fly . . . . . .:lol2:. As long as I've been coming to this site, I always knew you just by looking at your avatar, now I have to take a second look at the name under your avatar to make sure it's you. . . . . .:confused:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Kelly,

That sure is a funny looking cheeseburger in your avatar. At least I have never seen a purple one that could fly . . . . . .:lol2:. As long as I've been coming to this site, I always knew you just by looking at your avatar, now I have to take a second look at the name under your avatar to make sure it's you. . . . . .:confused:

I was just thinking the same thing!

Here you go Kelly, I found you're new avatar.:D

image.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
That's a little spooky Kelly.

:ghost:Not only was the old receiver faulty but the older 6014FS receivers where known by Futaba to have lower signal voltage than "standard". It was mainly because of the new generation chipset at that time the 6014FS was fitted with. I posted in @Bunky.F.Knuckle servo thread about the same thing you explained but because of receiver issue. The 6014HS that's in it now is fine. Measured 4 volts on all signal channels. Servo's work great.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Kelly,

What!?........I'm not known for superlative skills of PURPLE!?......Dubious sessions of heaping the purple to balled up wads of wizardry!?......Copious amounts of purple pointing precision that make the common burger so PLAIN!? BWHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!