• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Peak Models 32% Extra 330 SC

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
So 3 of the five brand new H50B servos I installed told me they did not like getting plugged in to the R6014HS receiver directly. All 5 had a jittering motion when cycling the control surfaces. Both aileron servos just went and freaked out at different times. The rudder servo would stop working all together and then start working again and was getting hot. One problem I found was bad pins and sockets on servo extensions. I believe the other to be a compatibility issue with this particular Futaba receiver. I am going to install the Turnigy i10 radio and receiver and see if the frequency matching feature solves the issues. Also going to see if a Smart Fly board will solve the problem with the Futaba 6014. Here is another pic of the fuse with my pilot edge to show a size comparison. The extra is 18.75 pounds and the edge is 16.75 pounds. This is "full fuel" weights. The extra is 3" longer and 2.5" wider (at the cowl) than the edge. Edge is 87" wingspan; Extra is 90" wingspan.

20160612_191726.jpg

20160612_191801.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
What's the full setup in your Edge? Mine weighs 17.5 If yours weighs 16.75 with fuel, that makes it about a pound and a half lighter than mine.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
What's the full setup in your Edge? Mine weighs 17.5 If yours weighs 16.75 with fuel, that makes it about a pound and a half lighter than mine.

EME 60, aluminum header, medium pro flo, 2- 2200 lipos weighing 8.2oz, stock 18oz tank, stock spinner, hollow blade carbon prop, servos weigh 2.2oz each, smart fly board weighs 3.2 0z with receiver If yours is 17.5 that is only 3/4 pound heavier. I know the GP61 is a tad heavier, Xoar "sword" prop is probably a we bit heavier, your header and canister may weigh more??? Did you add weight to balance? I did not (though I previously had and had heavier batteries before switching to lipos ). Mine might be closer to 17 but not over. When I took the weight of 16.75 I had ultra light plastic wheel pants. Very light wheels and very light tail wheel. It now sports the stock wheel pants which are 4oz heavier. Believe it or not. Some one got this airframe down to 15.25 pounds with a DA 50 and stock muffler. Didn't you use to have a DA 50 in yours?

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
EME 60, aluminum header, medium pro flo, 2- 2200 lipos weighing 8.2oz, stock 18oz tank, stock spinner, hollow blade carbon prop, servos weigh 2.2oz each, smart fly board weighs 3.2 0z with receiver If yours is 17.5 that is only 3/4 pound heavier. I know the GP61 is a tad heavier, Xoar "sword" prop is probably a we bit heavier, your header and canister may weigh more??? Did you add weight to balance? I did not (though I previously had and had heavier batteries before switching to lipos ). Mine might be closer to 17 but not over. When I took the weight of 16.75 I had ultra light plastic wheel pants. Very light wheels and very light tail wheel. It now sports the stock wheel pants which are 4oz heavier. Believe it or not. Some one got this airframe down to 15.25 pounds with a DA 50 and stock muffler. Didn't you use to have a DA 50 in yours?
Mine is a DA50 with a stainless header and a KS can and a Falcon carbon fiber prop and a Du Bro tank. I have 2500ma A123's in mine, but I also run a 2300ma Li-Ion ignition battery. It was 17.5 without fuel.

I may put it on a diet later this year.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Donnie That's SWEET! Fly the snot out of it!!!! It will make you a better Pilot cuz Pilot has better planes:p.

Seriously though.......I stuck to my guns and intentionally flew mine as much as I could. First gasser I was able to bring to the deck with confidence and to date have less than 1800 tied up including the new engine!

And I am not ashamed to say the EF 104 was not my cup of tea. It was a serious plane and I fly not so much serious:epic:.

@ChickenBalls The 330sc responds a lot like the Edge so I pretty much fly it like I do the edge even though it's 2 pounds heavier. DA 70 solved that extra 2 pounds issue:). I don't know how the Pilot 330 compares? Are you flying the Pilot 330 as well?

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Donnie That's SWEET! Fly the snot out of it!!!! It will make you a better Pilot cuz Pilot has better planes:p.

Seriously though.......I stuck to my guns and intentionally flew mine as much as I could. First gasser I was able to bring to the deck with confidence and to date have less than 1800 tied up including the new engine!

And I am not ashamed to say the EF 104 was not my cup of tea. It was a serious plane and I fly not so much serious:epic:.

@ChickenBalls The 330sc responds a lot like the Edge so I pretty much fly it like I do the edge even though it's 2 pounds heavier. DA 70 solved that extra 2 pounds issue:). I don't know how the Pilot 330 compares? Are you flying the Pilot 330 as well?
TY Kelly, you were right though, color didn't help seeing it, still blacks out, unless keeping it close. It;s fine, just gotta keep your eye on it. I got 3 flights on her this eve, an we starting to become friends. Don't get me started on the xtra I'm really LOVING it. I've never flown anything that tracks like this thing. I just got @combat chicken canister, and installed it this morn., need a tune, an gonna let her eat some more.