• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Peak Models 32% Extra 330 SC

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well.......I guess this build thread has landed and taxied in for "storage"........cyber storage that is.....

So I guess it's on to the next one!!!!

You really should not fly a plane that you committed to a sale.............This is what's left of my 104........

View attachment 51563
Wow!!! I do like what you have done with the décor of your place there Kelly. There is a....a, well just a sense of....dang, can't put my finger on it. A certain "air" about your place. (air-plane):spongebob:
Hey Kelly,

Are you related to @stangflyer? You both seem to have the same sense of humor . . . . . . .:roflmao:
As a matter of fact....we are. Twin sons of different mothers. :fist_pump:

Alky6

150cc
Hope every one got a good laugh today! Raiko made me do it! Ok Ok....It was me:D.

Here is some :cheers::cheers::cheers: for @Alky6 being such a great sport! Donnie......Go spork yourself!:pink_epic:.
Thanks for the beer Kelly! Keep 'em coming!!

image.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Just dusting the web off...Pun intended.....

Have the plane in the shop to put stickers on and get the cowl off. Had my remote choke fail. Ball link stripped. What I did find that could have cost the plane is that two of 4 rudder hinges broke. So I have decided to go ahead and remove it and install a pin hinge system like on my Pilot Edge. One piece of wire rod captures both sides of stab and rudder hinge halves. I will also be installing the new H50B Blue Bird servos. I had mentioned at the beginning of this thread that I felt the elevator throw was a tad limited. It is. Fix'n that too.

20160502_170544.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Got all the old hinges removed. Found that the stab has very little material inside the hinge holes and laterally so pin hinging is not going to happen:face-palm:. Just another obstacle to be deal with. This plane has had a bunch:(. Going to open the stab on its hinge line and epoxy in a hard balsa stringer about 1/2"w x 1/2"d x 12 1/2" long.

20160504_135818.jpg
20160504_135848.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Just think of it Kelly. Though you've had to make some revisions and updates, once done you'll know she ain't gonna fall apart in the sky. That's a good thing. I am however holding my breath she doesn't get a taste of the starting table blues such as a certain Pilot Edge that shall remain nameless. Ooops, I mentioned it didn't I?

:lol2: