• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU Extra 300sp 50cc

Bipeguy03

150cc
So now you've had a limited time on it, do you think you would have as much fun with it if you had, say an eme 60 in it?

Nice flying by the way!

I only have a DLE 55 on mine and it's a blast. It will do everything you want with a 50 class engine, going to the 60cc or 70cc just gives it a little more punch out of hovers and other such maneuvers.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I only have a DLE 55 on mine and it's a blast. It will do everything you want with a 50 class engine, going to the 60cc or 70cc just gives it a little more punch out of hovers and other such maneuvers.

I was actually going to say, short of the DA60, the only other single I would personally run is the DLE55. Those things have been refined enough that they are hard to beat. I'm not sold on the "RA" one's, but the side dump with a pitts mufflers is a great engine.

Bipeguy03

150cc
I was actually going to say, short of the DA60, the only other single I would personally run is the DLE55. Those things have been refined enough that they are hard to beat. I'm not sold on the "RA" one's, but the side dump with a pitts mufflers is a great engine.

Yea, the RA's are great for warbirds but they don't seem to like the bigger props like a 23 inch. I'm quite happy with my 55, I just think I need to tweak my timing a bit, it gives me trouble getting it started.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
That is a bad ass spinner....where can I get one...

If you have a spinner, send it to me and I can customize it for you and send it back. Or, order a No Limitz spinner from Herve at PAU and I can customize it and send it back. I will eventually have lots of options, I have a half dozen carbon spinners from on their way to me now from @SupaTim Northwest RC and I'm looking forward to offering some of those with a wide variety of options available.

T.

toysforbigboys

70cc twin V2
If you have a spinner, send it to me and I can customize it for you and send it back. Or, order a No Limitz spinner from Herve at PAU and I can customize it and send it back. I will eventually have lots of options, I have a half dozen carbon spinners from on their way to me now from @SupaTim Northwest RC and I'm looking forward to offering some of those with a wide variety of options available.

T.
I might have to do that. That is a really cool Spinner....

toysforbigboys

70cc twin V2
So I got to Maiden the 300 on Saturday at the AMA headquarters site 4.

All I have to say is wow...

The Plane flies great. I am no 3d flyer. But she flew straight and true. She was a little nose heavy and I balanced her at 6 inches from the leading edge at the wing root(so about center of the wing tube). even with her being a little nose heavy she flew Great.

The DA60 pulled this plane around with no problem and pulled the plane out of a hoover like there was nothing there.

I will post the Maiden video as soon I get it from my buddy.

So over all thoughts of this plane...

Positives:
1. Planes packages very well
2 All parts fit with out issue
3. Builds very easy.
4. For the Most part great hardware.
5. Plane FLIES GREAT!!!

Cons(very small cons)
1. Wheel Collars had straight head set screws. Had to replace
This Con is just my opinion
2. Had to Glue all hinges.

Would I recommend this plane to others.. HELL YA...awesome plane and a great flier...can not wait to fly her more.