• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 30% Sukhoi SU-26

Tseres

150cc
Planning on meeting up with Greg Alderman at the AMA site tomorrow. While getting my plane ready for the maiden I found that I forgot to put some combing around the ignition wire to protect it against vibration. Then I also remembered that I didn't finish the Axles. I put a flat on there for the set screw and cut the excess off for better looks.

Looks like tomorrow is the maiden.:fist_pump:

DSC_0100.JPG
DSC_0101.JPG
DSC_0102.JPG

Tseres

150cc
Got the maiden in. I don't have a bunch of pictures of the Sukhoi. My friend Jenni Alderman took a bunch of pictures today and she is going to send them to me and I'll post them then.

The plane flew great. Nice smooth IMAC lines. Balance was right on but it need some knife edge mixing.I let my friend Ben Batts fly the maiden so I could video it for you but I did a Crappy Job of videoing. I did post a 2 minute movie on you Tube and I'll be linking it as soon as its up.

There were 3 maidens there today. My Sukhoi. Greg Alderman's 42% PAU Extra and Greg Hann's 1/3 Busa Fokker D-7. Their maiden day went fine. Mine not so much.

On the second flight where I was flying the plane a screw backed out of the linkage on one of the ailerons. Wing started fluttering but I was able to get it back under control and landed it. It did tip stall about a foot off the ground because the aileron was hanging loose but only put some black marks on the covering. I forgot to put some locktite on the screws. My fault I knew better. Then While I was fixing it I put the plane up on its nose. When I set the plane back down Ben noticed a leak from the Gas tank or line. Needless to say that was the end of maiden day for me. I think its coming from one of the fittings in the fuel line between the tank and the carb. Right now I'm to ticked of to find out where the leak is coming from. So today I had flutter and a gas leak for the first time in my life. I have to admit that the flutter was exiting for a second. I'm glad I reacted to it properly cause I sure didn't have any time to think about what was going on.

Here are the pictures from today. I did have a good time even with the problems I had. Cause I was at the field with good friends.

DSC_0104.JPGDSC_0105.JPGDSC_0106.JPGDSC_0107.JPGDSC_0108.JPGDSC_0109.JPGDSC_0110.JPGDSC_0111.JPGDSC_0112.JPGDSC_0113.JPGDSC_0114.JPGDSC_0115.JPGDSC_0116.JPGDSC_0117.JPG

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Congrats Tom, glad it all worked out (oh and the scuff is just character ;)). My first maiden of the year ended with a scuff on the elevator....not used to landing on pavement in a cross wind.

Tseres

150cc
Thanks Terry. I think once the fuse dries it will be fine. Not worried about the scuff at all... Most people want freestyle planes. I call this one my Fun Style. :)

I only have about 3 minutes flying time on the Suki but I was impressed with the IMAC flying I was doing with it... I think I can tune this in and be competitive with it in Sportsman. :way_to_go:

SnowDog

Looks like you were in good company at the field and that is one of the best reasons to be in this hobby! Glad though got it down safely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk