• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport PAU 27% Pitts Challenger Build/Review

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
that's what I was thinking too, a rod through the aluminum material, hard to say how it would do in compression when it's pushing the aileron back up. might have to find a way to buy a length and take a better look at it when the wings are joined and mounted.
the hard points for the slave strut would have to be directly behind the I struts, it would be nice if the ailerons were there too, shouldn't be hard at all to move the servos out there, and put hard points in the ailerons there too.

anybody have some scraps of red Ultracote?? lol

Quality product from a quality company and probably one of the most humble aircraft company owners out there. It's cool to see you guys doing this, I can't wait to see the result.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Moving right along, I was able to make some progress on the firewall after waiting on the correct stand-offs from DA.

There are holes under the engine box for a canister but since I'm not going that route I blocked them off, sealed them up and it's all been painted over. The wood was given a coat of West Systems epoxy (that's the photo where it was hanging), sanded and then painted with hammered silver Rustoleum. It'll dry overnight and I'll get to work mounting the engine, cowl, throttle servo and ignition module.

I was going to rush this off the bench and get it out there flying and representing the site but SleepyC and I have other plans for it that I think all y'all will be very happy with!

IMG_7532.JPG
IMG_7549.JPG
IMG_7550.JPG

Last edited:

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
Makes me want to go pull cowls and motors and do the same thing to mine! I never thought to do that, but seeing so many painted firewalls now makes me want to copy them!