• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport PAU 27% Pitts Challenger Build/Review

BalsaDust

Yeah I did the same thing on my Cap with the stone looking paint. I painted mine first though and then went back over it with the thinned epoxy to seal everything up.
Looks awesome Bart.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Been trying to get another review/project done over at multirotorforums.com so I can concentrate on this build.....but......i won't be flying it! I've got other plans for it but we're not saying what they are until it's closer to being done. I'm on a deadline too so it's gotta get going as soon as possible!!! Been burning the candle on both ends but I think I need a candle with three ends so I can get more done!!

Bart

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Ever have one of those days where you think you'll just tackle something easy only to have it kick your butt and take three times as long as you expected?

This started last week when I finally got around to mounting the throttle servo. I bought a box full of new MKS servos for this plane and figured I'd get started with the throttle.
IMG_7556.JPG

I made a nice little mount out of aluminum angle and mounted it only to decide I didn't like the location or geometry.
IMG_7558.JPG IMG_7560.JPG

So I let it stew in my head for a couple of days while I was working on other stuff and today made a new set of mounts for it and epoxied them into place. The geometry is better, it will be a bit more out of the way for the fuel tanks, and I can get to it more easily. The last photo of the installed servo has the plane upside down so it's actually mounted in the upper left corner of the fuselage.
IMG_9045.JPG IMG_9047.JPG

With the throttle servo installed I was also able to make a throttle horn for the carb and installed a choke-pull that I had made for another 50cc engine.
IMG_9046.JPG

Moving on to the cowl this week and then the wings and tail-feathers. :)

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Just an observation, but you might want to rethink the choke holder. Metal rod through a metal coil could spell trouble.