• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Ordered my Su-26

Smitty

50cc
Yeah that is what I did Terry, just went ahead and made the hole bigger. Been using the masking tape trick for a long time. What I meant was at first the bolts with the washers wouldn't fit and I tried to just make the hole just big enough finally gave up on that and made them big. I figured I was going to cover them up anyway. Monokote true red is real close but Ultracote has just enough orange in it to be different.---Smitty

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
that's pretty much what I was trying to say above

Agreed, definitely not a bash PAU post that I did. I was merely stating facts of my experience so that others may have the information for their learning. To me bashing PAU would be much different. I am sorry that the post was perceived as bashing and taken in the wrong light.

Smitty

50cc
Not trying to bash at all. I will say this, it is the best covering job I have ever seen on a ARF. The plane is great looking in the box, can't wait to get it together. Going to order my decal package today. How long of extensions did ya'll use on the elevator servos.---Smitty

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Always a tough call when you find a quality issue with one of the website's advertiser's products. Especially this friendly website. Mention it and move on is how I do it. Bashing the brand is a waste of time and ruins the camaraderie.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
dhal22, it can be a problem when a website's admin will put the advertisers first and censor the members. i don't run the site for the advertisers, i run it for the members. great vendors are welcome to advertise here and benefit from the support of our membership but i hate to think our members are spending their money on bad products, maybe products that they found out about by being here in the first place. this is a foreign concept for some website admin but i can't change that. :(
i'm willing to defend PAU not because they have been an advertiser here but because the planes Herve sells are great flying airplanes and he personally puts a lot of time and effort into getting them that way before going into production. as I understand it, the BME planes are a slightly different story but not bad airplanes at all.
so long as everyone is being objective and not just piling on to pile on, the conversations continue.

Hi Smitty and rmeyers - did you install the rudder servo like shown on page 14 or page 15? One shows the servo spline to the rear and the other shows the servo spline to the front. Not sure if it matters, I have mine like it is shown on page 15.

Does your pull-pull cable rub on the leading side of the exit inside the fuselage? I though mine was fine until I looked inside and down into the fuselage. I am using the suggested rudder servo arm and the rudder servo control horn measurements., I even tried crossing the cables but that didn't change the rubbing.

Is the cable rubbing on the fuselage acceptable for flying? I think not and maybe the rubbing will cut into the fuselage or fray the cable?

I will hate having to lengthen the exit slot but think it is my only choice. Now I'll need some exit hole trim covers, I saw some nice ones that looked like they were made of metal with simulated rivets. I will paint them white. Anyone know of some exit guide covers that are 2 inches long? The photos on the PAU show the Sukhoi with the ones I'm am seeking.

Hope these are going to be long enough - www.aircraftinternational.com
View attachment 46196

Last edited:

Smitty

50cc
Bill, I haven't gone far enough to mount the rudder servo yet. Today I was planning on opening the holes in the covering for the stab tube and locater pins and servo arms in the stab and wings. I flew yesterday, temp in high 6os , very little wind with a bright sunny day. I may go fly again today. But I will spend a lot of time on it tomorrow. I have to enlarge the servo holes to fit the Savox servos. Will be mounting the side windows also or do you suggest I wait until later on in the build to do that part. Sure is nice to have a couple of build threads to help.---Smitty