• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Ordered my Su-26

rmyers

70cc twin V2
Yup Ultracote Flame Red it is! Well now I'm glad we got that mystery solved. LOL I'm not sure I'm going to bother replacing the Monokote for now. You really can't see it. ;) I'll bet the factory ran out of Monokote and grabbed the closest red they had on hand to finish the order. Why bother consulting with the customer right? It's all good.

DSCN1259.JPG

Last edited:

rmyers

70cc twin V2
thanks for the quick reply..... I'm flying the H9 Sukhoi/da170 in Intermediate and it flies beautifully... but..... it's a PITA to hookup the trailer and load up the plane/wings/etc every time I want to go practice. And if I leave the trailer one night in my driveway, my loving neighbors are quick to call the HOA!

Yup greasing the landings on any airframe is gonna save you time at the work bench! Two piece landing gear I find especially sensitive too!

Here are the pics I promised sorry it took so long the weather finally decided to settle down. Only two flights on it today but it survived my bad landing skills! Tom the repairs worked great! I've just got to get used to it seems sensitive to elevator. Not overly pitchy but floaty. Those are tech terms by the way. Tony my friend who flies Unlimited says its the best snapping plane he's ever flown. We took a little elevator out on the second flight but I haven't tried it since.With the stabs on and the wide landing gear it does eat up a 6x10 quickly.

DSCN1264.JPG DSCN1261.JPG

rmyers

70cc twin V2
Here are the pics I promised sorry it took so long the weather finally decided to settle down. Only two flights on it today but it survived my bad landing skills! Tom the repairs worked great! I've just got to get used to it seems sensitive to elevator. Not overly pitchy but floaty. Those are tech terms by the way. Tony my friend who flies Unlimited says its the best snapping plane he's ever flown. We took a little elevator out on the second flight but I haven't tried it since.With the stabs on and the wide landing gear it does eat up a 6x10 quickly.

View attachment 53649 View attachment 53650

Oh and Herve, Tony said if you build one 100cc or bigger he would buy one. Gonna take me a while longer.